Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

I'm sorry... this is just too funny!

NFR 
1K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  hbmcc 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Sketchy source, but I agree mostly. It's getting pitiful. The root cause wasn't mentioned: insurance premiums. "They" pay the dubious lawsuits brought forth this day in age, which in turn cause the bean counters at schools to freak. Hence this mentality. A vicious circle:(

#5 ·
I can understand that, if kids were getting hurt.

But "emotional distress"? From playing tag?

Maybe it's because, not every kid gets a trophy at the end of the game...?

I'm sorry, I just can't get over the emotional part.

#6 ·
if you suck at tag suck it up it's ok that other people are better than you.. me ? I was damn good at tag !!! but we did these math competitions where the class formed 2 lines and the teacher would hold up flash cards to the first two in line and the one who got the problem right first went to the back of the line but the slow one had to stay at the front of the line..... I stayed at the front of the line A LOT!!!! it traumatized me but I got over it.... get over sucking at tag.

#9 ·
You can trace all this BS back to the books written by Dr Spock. When parents started following the teachings of that idiot things started going downhill.

As far as empires go.... they all seem to eventually die out. I believe the Roman Empire lasted the longest .... Rome was once the most powerful country on the planet for a long, long time -- now it's known as Italy.

#10 ·
When I was a kid, before class every day out on the (dirt, not grass) playing field, all the kids used to play a game we called "Smeer the Qu---." One kid would get on another kid's back piggyback style, then we'd go over to another pair and see if one "rider" could pull the other rider off the back of his mule. Great fun, lots of blood drawn, and would never be allowed these days.

#13 ·
I wonder if I was emotionally abused when we swam *nude* in gym class. They did break out the cotton whities during coed events. Keep in mind, this was when The Beatles were "Satan Spawn" and boy bangs were maxed at two-fingers.

#14 ·
Meh, the kids are from Mercer Island, their dynastic wussification began when their parents moved to what in essence is a giant gated community of high income professionals. The one homeless guy out there uses a fountain pen and handmade paper to write his sign "...need gas money for my yacht..." on one side and on the other " Why Lie, I need Bordeaux...."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.