Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

In the market for a photo editor

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  joellirot 
#1 ·
Christmas is coming and I'm in the market for some photo goodies. Time to get some actual software and stop using the free stuff. What is everyone else using? Besides the obvious, Photoshop.

#3 ·
PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS (whatever latest version happens to be)
a LOT of well documented capabilities...auto functions & manual/full edit options
You can keep it simple , or grow into it
Lots of free, additional support/instruction on YOU TUBE tutorials
Probably $75-100
A very good value

#12 ·
Ditto here.

Lightroom is the Aperture equivalent on a PC.

Both programs are heavy lifters for those wanting to take their photo post processing AND file management to the next level. Not difficult to learn, but will take time to realize full advantage of their power.

Photoshop is not as mandatory for those using these programs, as once was the case. But it is still the grand daddy of them all and a must for serious photo manipulation and graphics.

#16 ·
That's true, Photoshop can do lots of things LR cant.
For me I don't need lots of layers. I am a photographer, not a digital artist so I look to capture my dynamic lighting in camera.
Making HDR images and dramatic digital effects qualify as silly stuff, for me atleast. That is my opinion.
Of course the LR+PS is the ultimate, be all end all limitless photo editing power but for the average joe a LR workflow will do almost everything he could possible ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.