Inflatable Kayaks

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by jesse clark, Jan 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    I love the design and hard floor on the Powerdrifter. I wish they would produce it again.

Freestone likes this.
  2. Bill Aubrey

Bill Aubrey Active Member

3. Shapp

Shapp Active Member

well if you win the lottery and can afford 2 of these, 1 for each person, they pack extremely small and are the size of a regular single inflatable kayak, and since they are actually shaped like a kayak, should paddle a lot better on flat water than a more traditional packraft.

The new expedition sized aire bakraft (the 2 green boats) that Dirty Santa hooked us up with this year, they only weight 10 pounds and are made of pretty burly dyneema/spectra material with urethane inner aire cells.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Freestone likes this.
  4. jesse clark

jesse clark Active Member

That is cool I wish that Santa had gotten lost and dropped those at my house.

5. Brian White

Brian White Recovering Bugmeister

Further from MT than I'd like (B-vue, WA)
    Anyone try the Aquaglide Blackfoot angler hb xl inflatable kayaks?

Not sure if they are as stout in whitewater as the Aires but saw them at boat show and they piqued my interest as a reasonably light and packable-ish option with a rigid bottom that I could stand in at least in slow/flat water. Not too pricey either. I see it as my "when that guy Billy on WFF is willing to take me bass fishing I could use this" my "screw my friends I just want to float the X River today and can drop anchor or pull out if I get into some good fish" boat, or my "daughter and I can go for a mellow paddle and I could sneak some fishing in during our paddle without having to drag out my big sit on top wilderness systems beast of a kayak" option.

https://www.aquaglide.com/aquaglide-products/blackfoot-hb-angler-xl