Interesting meeting

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by ken2cross, Apr 1, 2013.

1. ken2cross

ken2cross Member

I was visiting with a new acquaintance yesterday at church and His wife introduced me to her visiting parents. I was introduced as a fly fisher who plans to visit Yellowstone this summer.

The conversation went something like this: Why don't you swing by our house on the way. We only live 30 minutes from the park and pretty well know all the local good spots to fly fish. We have extra bed rooms so it wouldn't cost you to stay.

Does that sound like a great opportunity? I'm glad I paused to say hi, that's for sure.
    Ken

Brian Miller and JesseCFowl like this.
  2. NCL

NCL Active Member

That is a cool story the way all the elements just came together. Good luck on your trip.

3. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I'm ready to try a new church. Which one do you go to?

4. ken2cross

ken2cross Member

I attend Ebenezer Lutheran in Lake Stevens.

5. zen leecher aka bill w

I can do Lutheran. It's only a hop, step and jump from Catholic.

6. The Dude

The Dude Member

If there is fishing contacts like that, I could be a HariKrisha for a while.

7. Jeff Sawyer

Jeff Sawyer Active Member

I haven't been to church in over 20 year, but that sounds like a damn good reason to repent and change my evil ways.

8. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

You'll meet a lot of fly fishermen at church. They're all still liars though.

Eyejuggler and Mikey_Mac like this.
  9. zen leecher aka bill w

The local church over here has a sportsman's group. I'm about to go on my second annual fishing outing with them next month. I wouldn't call them liars as they have to stick closer to the truth. At least when they say they caught a bunch of fish there was fish brought to hand, and they stick within 2 inches of actual length.

10. dfl

dfl Active Member

Halleluya, Glory, Glory, Glory, Praise the Lord, I see the Light. Ah have to admit I couldn't tell a Lutheran from a bull with a bugle in its ass but I think I are one. Can I wear waders to Church? Can I put wooley buggers in the collection plate? Ah can feel my spirit rising. By the way, do they serve bacon?

11. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

The last time I set my feet in a church was for my Mothers service when she passed away. I don't go in many churches. My wife is Baptist. Her pastor asked if he could come over and talk to me and she gave him a big fat NO. I'll kick them out of my house faster tan a speeding bullet.

I have issues with churches and I'm not going to air them here.

12. Richard Olmstead

Richard Olmstead BigDog

That's pretty funny. Since religious "Truth" has no bearing on reality, I'd expect church-goers to feel even less compulsion to exhibit 'truth' in their fishing reports than those who adhere to a reality based version of the world in which we exist!

D

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  13. ken2cross

ken2cross Member

Sorry guys this was a thread about a nice fishing connection. I didn't mean to trouble your sensitivities.
    I do realize you can't understand what I believe. (Notice I'm not making fun of your ignorance.)
    I still plan to see what I can manage in Yellowstone with the help of my new friend.
    I could even post a pic if I can without harming that 28 to 8 inch trout I'm looking to tame.
    Ken

14. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

i met a lady fly-fisher several years ago. Polite, good conversationalist . . . told me she just started in the sport. She was having a variety of bizarre medical symptoms. Her doctor finally figured they were caused by job-related stress, put her on disability, and prescribed that she adopt a relaxing hobby like fly-tying & fly-fishing. Like the fool I am, I neglected to get the doctor's name.

15. luv2fly2

luv2fly2 Active Member

jim, i notice you live in the col. basin. if you are close to moses lake you are welcome to come to our fly club meeting(dry side fly club). the are the first and third tuesday of the month at chicos pizza at 6 pm. that invite goes out to any one else who lives within driving distance of the big m.l. the third tuesday is a tying session. mike w