Swap Intermediate/Beginners Anti-Cabin Fever Marathon Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Ron Eagle Elk, Aug 24, 2004.

1. lcconrad

lcconrad New Member

My drys are don dand will be mailed on Monday. :thumb:

2. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Way cool. Warren's arrived today. I guess not everyone waits until the last minute. Just so you know, mine are also done, but we do have a while before the dries are due.

REE

3. gmbjr

gmbjr New Member

swap

count me in if there is still some open slots, got nothing but time now since im laid off till the hall get moving, which looks like 2-3 months ;(

gary brandt jr

4. Ron Eagle Elk

Gary,

Sorry Budy, but the swap is full. I can put you on the short list in case someone has to drop out if you want.

REE

5. LeakyTiki

LeakyTiki Member

Flies are in the Mail!!!!

Hi Ron,

Sent my flies off at the Post Office this morning Monday 10-25 and I also sent you an E-Mail

Come on everybody that signed up for the Marathon, lets get those bugs in. :ray1:

I can't wait to get mine. Its like waiting for Christmas

Peace,
    LT :beer2:

6. Greg Gilliland

Greg Gilliland Member

fl's are in the mail

I dropped my flies inthe mail today. But being that Iam still excited about my wife being pregnant I forgot to tag my flies. Iam sorry . What can I do to fix it. I will not do this again. Sorry again

Greg :beathead:

7. C Van

C Van coming soon to a stream near you

the lovely lady at the post office assured me my flies would be to you by Sat at the latest. let me know. I also forgot $ for return postage could I just send $5 to cover me for the whole swap?

8. Ron Eagle Elk

C-Van,

Actually, your flies arrived this afternoon. Safe and sound.

Sure, if you want to send a fiver with the next set of flies, that would be okay by me.

So far we have flies from Jim Williamson, Warren Perry, Matt Grunwald, Greg Gilliland, Randy Diefert, C-Van, Leaky Tiki, Lefty Loops, ICConrad, VEE, Jesse Clark and Bob Ellis.

Those still out are Dylon and Theron Depaulo, Dan Soltau and Andrew Krzysiek. Dylon, theron and Andrew have e-mailed that the flies will be here, one evening Fed-Exing them. Have no news from Dan Soltau.

Things are looking pretty good.

REE

9. lcconrad

lcconrad New Member

I put my November flies in the mail today, you should have them the coming week.

10. Ron Eagle Elk

Flies arrived yesterday from Dan Soltau, Dylon and Theron DePaulo. Andrews flies are enroute. I will be sending out the dries as soon as Andrews arrive. Very nice selectiion this month, and all well tied.

ICConrad, your flies for November arrived on Saturday also. Very nice and really on time.

REE

11. andrew

andrew Active Member

15 Spent Needle Flies

They hit the post office, and most likely will be in your hands today (Monday). Sorry guys to be tardy...I've already started on the next round in order to be on time!

Andrew

12. Ron Eagle Elk

Andrew, Your flies did arrive today.

Great news one and all, the flies are sorted, packaged, all the packages are addressed and taped and will be in the mail in the AM. I'm heading for the polls early, so I'll drop them off as soon as I exercise my voting privilage.

The fllies are looking very good. A couple of points though. Make sure of your count on the flies. A couple of you were short on the count. My wife decided to take the short so everyone else would get a full set. The number of flies is 16. That way you get a complete set, including one of your own. It also makes the sorting go faster and easier for me.

For those that included a few extra flies for the old swap meister, you have my thanks.

I do owe Randy Diefert an apology. He went to all the trouble of printing out step by step tying instructions for his fly, and I left them sitting on the coffee table. I noticed that I had forgotten to enclose them when I taped up the last package. Again, my apologies Randy. I will include them in the next go-round so everyone gets them, or I may just e-mail a copy to everyone.

Next round is wet flies, due date is November 30th, 2004. Oh yeah, ICConrad already has his in.

REE

13. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

REE:
    Thanks in advance for the great job!! I can't wait to see the flies it will be like an early Christmas when they arrive and see what everybody else tied. I have started on my November entry a fly that I had the most success with all summer and fall in the E. Wash Lakes, a "Halloween bugger".
    jesse clark

14. andrew

andrew Active Member

Man am I a failure!

Ron,

I'll include in the next go around a my missing number 16! Sorry!!! :beathead:

'Bone head' - aka Andrew

15. Surf_Candy

Surf_Candy Member

find it stuck to your pants?

Surf