Swap Intermediate/Beginners Anti-Cabin Fever Marathon Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Ron Eagle Elk, Aug 24, 2004.

1. LeakyTiki

LeakyTiki Member

Hey Bob, (and all the other swappers)

I have to admit to dropping the ball here. :beathead:

We will be posting pictures from the first 2 legs of this swap and then it is easy for you to just add your recipe to the picture.
    I volunteered Beths services to scan the flies and she has been swamped lately :eek:

We are hoping to have the pics done by this Saturday.

Hope this works for everyone,
    Dave and Beth :cool:

2. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

LT, My thanks to you and your lovely wife for putting the pics up for the swap. I've only been getting one or two recipes e-mailed to me a month, so lets go with the recipe on the swap photos thing.

The Christmas contest is heating up. Some of you have very vivid imaginations. All flies are very well tied and very innovative. Just to be fair to everyone, I am removing myself completely as a judge for the contest. I do know and fish with a couple of you so I want this to be completely fair all around. I've asked some friends who are long time fly fishers and fly tyers to sit in judgement of your creations. They are neutral third party types who don't do the internet thing. Hopefully this is okay with everyone.

A couple folks have thanked me, through e-mail, for the string leech. Sorry guys, but I didn't tie that one. The string leech is the product of Andrew's tying talent. Nicely done.

Only six more days to the contest deadlline. Let's get those contest flies in!

REE

3. andrew

andrew Active Member

Received mine yesterday! very nice set...well done everyone!

Andrew

4. lefty tailing loops

lefty tailing loops me and beattle

Hey, got my flies today very impressed ! :thumb:
    thanx to everyone,I really want to see the streamers now.
    But I guess I gotta wait 11/2 months?
    Oh well I think it will be worth it.
    Happy holidays to everyone
    Doug P.

5. Griswald

Griswald a.k.a. Griswald

Ron,
    I got my flies last week and put my Xmas fly in the mail this morning.

All I have to say is Thanks to all the people participating in this swap, the flies are always really good, the swapmeister is the best and I think this has got to be one of the best things for a new tier to do in order to get productive in the tying world. Again many thanks to all!
    :thumb:
    Griswald

6. Warren Perry

Warren Perry Grizzly 6

Ron,

I finished my streamers this afternoon and they will be in the mail tomorrow

Warren

7. lcconrad

lcconrad New Member

My streamers will go out today. iagree

8. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Iconrad and Warren what a couple of over achievers!! :thumb:
    I got mine about half done after changing my mind about what to tie about 6 times. That really helps filling up the old fly boxes when you get about 6-8 done and then you see another pattern you want to try. :rofl: I decided to tie an old fav with a little twist. It is a Doc Spratley with a soft hackle beard instad of the traditional pheasant tail beard. I sure like that soft hackle look on a lot of flies.
    Happy Tying,
    jesse

9. Ron Eagle Elk

Talk about your over achievers! ICConrad told me his streamers were ready before X-Mas, but he wanted to wait until after the mail rush to send them in.

Lets see, thats Warren, ICConrad, Vickie and me that have the flies done. How's everyone else doing? If you tie one fly a day, you can be done before the 15th.

I'll be puting out an e-mail shortly.

As usual, I'm looking forward to the flies.

REE

10. lefty tailing loops

lefty tailing loops me and beattle

Ron, mine are done too will mail them soon.Probably not till mon. or tues.
    happy new year to everyone,Dugger :beer2: :beer2:

11. Ron Eagle Elk

Sorry Guys, I have been remiss. Warren and ICConrad's streamers arrived safe and sound, looking really good. I wisih I had a good excuse for not notifying everyone sooner, but I was terribly busy thrashing the Little D with a fly line.

REE

12. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Ron:
    My streamers went out today in the mail. Ron there are a couple of goodies in the bag for all your hard work. This time the P.O. put metered postage on the return envelope instead of stamps I hope that works on your end.
    Thanks for your work on this swap
    jesse clark

13. Ron Eagle Elk

Jesse,

The metered stuff should works fine as long as it hasn't been postmarked. I'm really looking forward to the streamer selection this month. I'm not much of a nymph fisherman, I admit, but swinging or retrieving a streamer is about as close as I come. Fishing a streamer can bring some hard hits from some big fish.

Heading for the Little D in the afternoon for a little BWO action, hopefully. The wife and I are jonsing pretty bad. Haven't been fishing for four days now.

REE

14. Ron Eagle Elk

Streamers, I have streamers. Flies are in from Warren Perry, ICConrad, Jesse James, Dylon Depaulo, VEE (she officially handed them to me last night to put with the rest) and the bonus flies by yours truely are in.

Since VEE got me that new camera for Give-Away-Day I'll try shooting the pictures and posting them. Love that Nikon.

Anyhow, we got less than 1/2 a month to go on the streamers. You procrastinators should probably go get your materials soon.

REE

15. Bob Ellis

Bob Ellis New Member

Procrastinators? That's actually finely tuned planning. Ain't you heard of "just in time delivery"? ;)

Mine are tied, tagged, and in the envelope waiting for postage to be applied.

Bob