Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

It's almost like it never happened

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  nutsack angler 
#1 ·
Mysteriously, the thread posted yesterday about the confrontation on the Skykomish over the weekend has disappeared. Is it just me? I would just like to know the reason why? Is that going to be commonplace on here now? Meaning, as soon as two parties disagree about the way things happened, the thread is going to be shut down? Maybe I missed something. I'm assuming that is what happened, since I can't seem to find a trace of that thread anywhere. Maybe it got so heated after I turned away, that it self destructed... Just curious.

#4 ·
The value of a website is content. If content doesn't add value to the site, it's pretty reasonable that the owner or moderators remove it. That said, I don't think WFF is at risk of becoming an Ifish.

Sg
Thanks Salmo. You are always insightful. However, I was actually finding the topic in that thread to be full of valuable content. I promise, I'm not saying that to stir the pot. I mean it. It's really interesting to me how two individuals can come away with an experience on the river to be so negative on both sides. Furthermore, prior to the rebuttal on the initial complaint, I thought some people shared sage advice on why not being a douche on the river is worth your time. Removing the content completely, doesn't make sense to me. I could see how it could be heading down the path of shutting it down, but just plainly removing it before anything really useless happened seems a bit apprehensive or fearful. Just my opinion.

#6 ·
I had the whole thing removed.

2 things I didn't expect to happen, happened. For one the other party not only owned up to the encounter under his real name and even described his rig. Secondly whether of defensive spirit or a true misunderstanding disputed a lot of the happenings. In hindsight I regret ever bringing it up I posted it because I thought it was funny and could bring some entertainment value but what I wasn't interested in was having a heated debate on a public forum with two people I don't know. Pretty lame. I pm'd both people involved and had good exchanges with both people privately as things like that are probably best handled.

No hard feelings with anyone I think the entire incident was a series of misunderstandings on both sides. Anyways sorry for the flare up fellas! Lets get to talking about beads!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.