It's Over

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by tyler, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Funny, harsh due to his recent stumble, but funny.

Derek Young and DanielOcean like this.
  2. Steve Unwin

Steve Unwin Active Member

Admittedly less funny now that I've read the latest on OMJ's other post.

3. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    I survived another bad face-plant this last Wednesday (damned bi-focals), so I feel free to laugh with Ed at the image of OMJ rolling downthe hill.:D My unbreakable polaroid Cocoons absorbed some of the shock, and my forehead took the brunt of it. I broke neither my bifocals nor my nose, so I also feel lucky. I did have to bend my glasses back into shape, and pluck some skin off the frames, but there was little blood involved, and I was able to keep fishing.

I mis-judged the water depth by a couple of inches while stand-up paddling downstream out of the creek I was fishing, and hit bottom on the mud bar. My U-12 stopped, but I kept going. Lucky thing its a plastic boat. I tried to grab the rails as I hit, but one hand slipped, and I clobbered the front thwart with my face.
    I've got a nice scab right between my eyes, now.:confused: I'm blaming it on the bi-focals. I'm going in for an eye exam next week, so I can order some new glasses. Not bi-focals. Just the correction for good distance vision, so I can see the trail, river, river bottom, and the cougars stalking me (if they're too old, then forget it!) I can take 'em off to read, and I'll get some "computer glasses" for viewing the screen, since bi-focals are wrong already for this, anyway.
    I'm done doing faceplants! Don't need 'em!

flyfool likes this.
  4. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Shit, when you get older you might need trifocals. I am used to wearing them so I don't misjudge distances. The Bifocals work good for threading the small eyes of size 22 nymphs. The other two grinds work very good for distances.

Isn't it fun getting older???????????????

5. Porter

Porter Active Member

Actually No it is not :(. The body ages but the mind really doesnt. Many times I have to remind myself you can no longer do this, or if you do it your body will remind you of your age. And yes tying knots has become harder too.

Jim Wallace likes this.
  6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

When I get the damn bandage off my left arm and can get it wet again I will get out and sent pictures for your enjoyment. Be it pictures of fish or just the skinny water they came out of. I have been neglecting my Picture taking. Gonna change that. Here the first.

I have a 1/2 cut on the inside of my arm. They don't believe in small bandages at the ER

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      2.3 MB
      Views:
  7. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I'm not making fun of anyone about falling. I will say that I hope we can all enjoy the outdoors safely.

8. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I bet he's a lurker on this forum and only went there because of the reports.

9. Billy McFly

Billy McFly Active Member

The Suiattle road washed out in 2003. There is a gate at the 12mi mark, 12 miles from the trail head. I hope they never fix it. I've ridden my Mt Bike in a few times and its beautiful up there. Buck Creek campground is still there. Nice place to go - no crowds:)

10. psycho

psycho Active Member

Shyt OMJ you have the same wrinkles below your elbow that I do. Maybe I can iron mine out,:D If it works I will let you know.

Old Man likes this.