Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Just Deer

NFR 
3K views 50 replies 31 participants last post by  Gary Thompson 
#1 ·
Did you ever hit a Deer doing 75 MPH?? I did, and it made a mess out of my front end of my wife's car. Picture's will follow when I get home. Right now I'm in Chicago. Don't ask. Plastic cars can't take much of a beating. It blew out the thing that takes the place of your front bumper. It screwed up my Radiator, the AC condenser, the power steering pump( a antler went through it). The bracket that supports the Radiator. The bracket that supports the Power Steering. Many dents in my hood from where the antlers hit. And numerous small brackets.

The Deer was 7 point. They count them different in Minnesota. That's where it happened. The state trooper told me that. It also happened at about 1230 in the AM, and it was darker than shit outside.

Since it was a Deer hit, My deductible is only 100 bucks. Total damage was in the neighborhood of 3500 bucks.It now sitting in Lurverne Mn. In a body shop. They are going to make it drive-able so I can get it home. My insurance paid for the loaner car I'm driving a 2013 Hundai(sp). A nice car.

#32 ·
Ever been to Ocean Shores. There they don't even run from you.

Got some pictures of the damage. For some reason they suck. Most of the damage was done under the auto body, and the pictures didn't come out very. Well I also took a few at home which are a little better.

I'm not smart enough or don't know how to put words under each pictures. So I will tell about them.. They made the car ready to travel they cut the bottom of the fender off on the right side so it wouldn't vibrate. I took two pictures of the fenders. The good side and the bad side. Also the picture of the radiator shows the bottom bent back(You have to look close). The dents in the hood show up good. The other stuff is small .and didn't take good pictures. Soon to be fixed.

Attachments

#37 ·
There was a car at the body shop where I got mine fixed at. The hood was smashed down and the wind shield was all broken and it had a hole in it. It was a smaller car than mine, and it was totaled. That one the deer went up on. my hit the deer went down and under.

I should knock on wood as the speed I was going, if the deer went up I probably wouldn't be here.

#38 ·
Had one run out of the woods and hit my car in the tail end. I was going about 35 and I heard it knock, but no dents or broken parts. I do not know how the deer faired, because he ran into the woods on the other side. This was in a residual area. I hope that deer was the one that goes after my apple tree.

#39 ·
The Deer was 7 point. They count them different in Minnesota.
That would be a 14 point, Jim.

And what the hell were you doing going 75 at night in deer country. People should slow down and not be in such a hurry.

At least that's what you said to me when I posted about hitting a deer on I-90 in your neck of the woods a couple years ago ;)

Glad nothing was damaged by the car.

#40 ·
According to the State patrol of Minnesota, They count them all for the count on antlers. It had three on one side and four on the other. He showed me one of them that got broken off. It had four points. He said the one that stayed attached only had three points.

When I'm traveling, nothing counts except driving. But after this, somebody needs to get someplace they can take the God damn Bus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.