Just got back from Duvall

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Olive bugger, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Home Page:
    It's equally as comforting to know that I never have to leave Duvall whenever I don't want to.

I don't always leave Duvall, but when I do, it's not for long.

2. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

I feel your pain, Richard. I may have to make a dry run over to visit just to appease my lust for culture. Do you think my 2 wt rod would be over kill on the Snoqualmie at DUVALL?

As a resident, it could be hazardous to your mental health to stay away too long. Stay thirsty, my friend.

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I remember when I used to go fish the Forks of the Snoqualmie, that I had to drive through Duvall to get to where I was going. It was a very small town back then. After a while I found a different way to go so I didn't have to go through there. The other side of the valley is a straight thru shot with no traffic lights . Back roads are wonderful.

4. Olive bugger

Ah yes, and the west side of the river has such novel roads. It is a real novelty to drive some of them. Did you see the cow barns at Carnation? Another world renowned landmark!

I remember the cans of milk that my Mother bought, that carried the Carnation name. Never dreamed that I would live so close to the town. This was when I lived in southern Illinois.

5. Itchy Dog

Home Page:
    I just found out that a local business, Match Coffee and Wine, just earned King 5's Best of Western Washington vote for favorite Wine Bar. And THAT, my friends, is part of the reason too many people pronounce it Du-VAHL. We need more beer taverns serving cheap swill in order to get back to our roots...to get back to DOO-vall.

6. Olive bugger

Shirtsleeves and long necks. That is the ticket.

Maybe a Glockenspiel or an accordion, and some brats.

Who needs Octoberfest in Leavenworth?
    We got Doo-vall

7. Tim Cottage

Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

Wine Bar!
    I stand behind my original statement on page one.

"About 20 yrs ago Duvall proper started on its path to being a full fledged suburban community. Its been down hill ever since."

TC

8. Olive bugger

Yeahbut going down hill is always easier than going up hill.

I have been going downhill for years and believe me, it is easier than trying to go up hill.

Old Man likes this.
  9. Itchy Dog

Home Page:
    I would tend to agree. For the record we moved here before the degradation of society in Duvall began...or perhaps we were the start of it! Zima, anyone?

10. Olive bugger

I'm holding out to see what Evan is serving in his fancy beer glasses.

11. Richard Olmstead

Richard Olmstead BigDog

Itchy, I presumed that you moved there for the thriving arts community that Duvall has become, but is sounds like you've been there a long time. Now that I know that, and have come to know your craft, I suspect the art community followed you there.

For all you fans of the Duvall arts, and Itchy in particular, I have an autographed Itchy Dog original in my possession. Of course, I would never think of hanging it anywhere direct sunlight might touch it, and it cost a pretty penny to install the home security system to safeguard it, but it is all worth it!

D

Itchy Dog likes this.
  12. Itchy Dog

Home Page:
    You flatter me, Dick. Won't hardly be able to fit my head thru the door of the Wine bar, now.

Closing in on 24 years of Duvall livin', which seems like a long time, but not compared to many others who have the fertile valley soil in their DNA.

13. Richard Olmstead

Richard Olmstead BigDog

I used to live in eastern Idaho and still have a T-shirt proclaiming: "Driggs, Idaho, Cultural hub of the Rockies!" The T-shirt was a promotion for the Spud Drive-in theater, "Home of the Gladys Burger" named for the woman who ran the snack bar.

If Driggs can be the cultural hub of anywhere, Duvall can certainly be the "Paris of the West."

D

wadin' boot and Itchy Dog like this.
  14. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

To youse that live in that big town. I have a question for you.That big yellow barn that sits along the road out of town going south. Is it still there. I thought that I had read some place that they were going to move it when I lived in Washington. Did they ????? Or did they just tear it down.

15. Olive bugger

There is a barn. I do not know if it is yellow or not. Never paid that much attention. There is also a roundabout in Duvall. But then again, DUVALL has pretty much everything modern.