Just got back from Duvall

Itchy Dog

Some call me Kirk Werner
To youse that live in that big town. I have a question for you.That big yellow barn that sits along the road out of town going south. Is it still there. I thought that I had read some place that they were going to move it when I lived in Washington. Did they ????? Or did they just tear it down.
Jim, funny you should bring up the matter of the Thayer Barn. 10 years ago the Duvall Foundation for the Arts raised $100k to go towards moving the barn and turning it into an arts center. Then the developer who owned the property and was willing to work with the city and DFA fell on hard times (I think). Nothing was done. Barn remains in a visually sad state though I've heard the structure is still fairly sound. They're trying to revive the project again, working with a new developer of the land. It ain't dead yet, but it sure looks like hell.
image.jpg

A very old geezer (98) friend of mine who was born in Duvall perhaps before it was even called that always said to me "The more you drive the less intelligent you are". He still lives there and has never travelled much. Go figure.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Jim, funny you should bring up the matter of the Thayer Barn. 10 years ago the Duvall Foundation for the Arts raised $100k to go towards moving the barn and turning it into an arts center. Then the developer who owned the property and was willing to work with the city and DFA fell on hard times (I think). Nothing was done. Barn remains in a visually sad state though I've heard the structure is still fairly sound. They're trying to revive the project again, working with a new developer of the land. It ain't dead yet, but it sure looks like hell.
View attachment 35191
Thank you.

Just getting ready to leave for DUVALL. Need to shower and shave, and brush my teeth and shoes. Different brushes. My new suit is
supposed to arrive from the taylor's in a few minutes. Do you think pin stripes would be ok for main street? I do not want to commit a wardrobe faux pas, especially in DUVALL.

Itchy Dog

Some call me Kirk Werner
Just getting ready to leave for DUVALL. Need to shower and shave, and brush my teeth and shoes. Different brushes. My new suit is
supposed to arrive from the taylor's in a few minutes. Do you think pin stripes would be ok for main street? I do not want to commit a wardrobe faux pas, especially in DUVALL.

It's casual Monday in Duvall.