Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Just in Case...

NFR 
3K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  Old Man 
#1 ·
You know...just in case the world does end tomorrow, I think I'll get a plate of chocolate chip cookies and watch "Die Hard" one more time

"Welcome to da Potty!"

#8 ·
There's an open invitation for end of the world believers, Mayan Acolytes, folks about to be raptured, millenialists, Heaven's Gaters and so on to sign over your financial assets to me. High quality fishing gear and functional vehicles will also be kept in "safe keeping." I am also partial to plank-cut hardwoods like maple and cherry. If you are into war rugs, I'll take those too. I do not want or need your food, pets, wives, debts, or children though.

#11 ·
It's already happened here-the snow has reached the danger level and it is still snowing so hard it looks like a whiteout. It can be measured in feet now as we are working on about 3' at this point. I have called for help to get my road cleared, something I haven't had to do for several years now. I'm headed out in the blizzard at this point just to clear a path to the barn. I hope I make it back.

Ive

#12 ·
It's already happened here-the snow has reached the danger level and it is still snowing so hard it looks like a whiteout. It can be measured in feet now as we are working on about 3' at this point. I have called for help to get my road cleared, something I haven't had to do for several years now. I'm headed out in the blizzard at this point just to clear a path to the barn. I hope I make it back.

Ive
Be careful Ive!

#15 ·
I'm prepared to witness "The End" tomorrow while following my pup & carrying a fine shotgun. Works for me . . . if the timing is absolutely perfect, I may actually depart this world believing that I just made a picture-perfect shot on a 23" Rooster rising with an alarming cackle from dense cover after a beautiful point by Hank.

#22 ·
In a dream last night I was told that I am a modern version of an Ancient Mayan Priest. This is based upon two facts: 1) I lived in Mexico and I have actually met Mayans; and, 2) I am ancient.

I can stop the 12/21/2012 disaster if enough people send me money. Or chocolate.

If I cannot stop the event I'm hoping that Playboy will give me a rebate for the ten days of the 2012 Playboy Calendar that will be useless. Not to mention the part that shows January of 2013 but without naked girls.

Oh... wait....

Craig

#26 ·
We may be entering a new age where there is a "Mayan Calendar Legal Defense". If you are really a believer, go bonk a few ESA fish, buy a new fly rod, buy a new shotgun, shoot the neighbor's dog, and jump his wife. I'm sure you will be able to convince a jury somewhere that you were a victim of the pressures of our society.;)

#29 ·
I think that it has started . . . Hank circled counter-clockwise this morning versus clockwise when he plopped on his dog bed after we came back indoors this morning & if I removed my glasses & squinted really hard, I think there was a Mayan figure in the egg yoke residue on my breakfast plate. I'm sure these are signs . . . since I live "on the edge," we're going hunting anyway.

#31 ·
Well, IF it does come, perhaps we can get some answers, like why does a rooster pheasant always crap when he cackles and takes off?

Well, I guess If somebody was going to dust my tail with #2 Pellets I would crap too.... OK next question.

#32 ·
In celebration of the world not ending, I'm gonna go surf some snow. Fresh, powdery snow. Mmmmmmmm, snow......
I wonder if Mayans ever saw snow. Would they really predict the end of the world if they'd have had snowboards and skis? And snow? I mean, when bloody human sacrifice and rampant corn production were the defining characteristics of your civilization, it must have been hard to get out of bed in the mornings. But I think snow would have changed their outlook and extended the end of the firmament at least another few hundred years. And pizza. Gotta get pizza in there too. Pizza really would have clinched it and saved us from the almost certain doom of the Mayan prognosticators.

#35 ·
Wife and I slept in this morning... we were up late last night sacrificing an ox to Zeus in order to forestall the end-of-the-world. The ox, unfortunately, escaped but on the bright side headed for I-90 where I'm pretty sure it got T-boned (so to speak) by a semi and is now feeding several families worse off than we are. Looks like it worked... so it's a win-win.

I'm just glad that it was a Mayan end-of-the-world and not a Polynesian end-of-the-world. It was probably easier finding an ox than a virgin.

You're welcome.

Craig

Reactions: GAT
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.