kitsap beach in the am?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Nick Clayton, Sep 10, 2011.

1. SciGuy

SciGuy Active Member

Wow was it dead this morning. Zero fish landed on entire beach for 1st two hours of light. Thanks, seiner boats, you guys are awesome.

2. koolminx

koolminx Member

Where is this mysterious Kitsap Beach? I've never heard of it... Or is it a state secret with all those gear guy's going there LOL :)

3. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Kitsap beach is just down the road from a certain hood canal lake. ;)

It's no secret where I was fishing... Point no Point is hardly a secret.

4. mtskibum16

mtskibum16 Active Member

But in general for reports, "Kitsap Beach" could be any beach on the Kitsap Peninsula.

5. koolminx

koolminx Member

Yes I am a moron, PNP is also known as Kitsap beach or simply "A" beach in my wonderful Kitsap County? Sorry for not being able to read between the lines, or actually read the lines themselves...

6. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Just some thoughts on naming where you are fishing on Puget Sound.
    No, it isn't a secret. If you'd like more people on our already crowded beaches, you should continue to post where you are fishing. With the limited beach access on Puget Sound combined with these big humpy runs, things are crowded enough as it is. Remember the August pink thread where people bitched about the crowds yet continued to post where they were fishing? What else should you expect but a crowd?
    You can easily say I was fishing a popular MA 9, 10, 11 etc beach in a report without naming the location.
    I'm suprised how often I run into people who say they came to fish a particular beach because they read about it on here. Many of them are non members who lurk on this site only for info.
    I'm still waiting for people to start posting their favorite hood canal searun beaches. Funny how that never happens.......;)
    Good luck out there on the coho.

7. SciGuy

SciGuy Active Member

+1

Always what and how but never where.

8. Nick Clayton

Fear not. From now on I will make no reference to this secret spot. I wont mention the puyallup river or
    blue creek on the cow either. Don't want these places to get too crowded.

9. vanvgj1

vanvgj1 Yak fisher

Yeah, I know it must be a secret. I decided to get out of my boat for a change and fish from the beach. So yesterday I headed out in the rain figuring that would reduce the crowds at that secret beach. I didn't know what to expect because I've never been there before - nice beach & park. Got there about 8 and fished till 1. There were about 8-10 people fishing there at any given time and quite a few were fisherwomen - not crowded at all compared to other places at times - so maybe my strategy worked. I was one of two fly fishers. Score one for us - not a single fish was taken by gear while I was there. I guess I got lucky with this coho - 22" and 4 lb. buck. Usually I'll see them jump at least once in a while if they are around. Didn't see a single rise nor for that matter any follows on Leland's popper. But I did get this one on a 3" chartreuse over white clouser, intermediate line, not stripped as fast as possible, but close to it. It was about 2 hrs after high tide - just before I was about to give up and go home. Nice way to stop a skunk. :cool:
    Back in my boat next week.
    Cheers

10. koolminx

koolminx Member

How damn SILLY can someone get not mentioning it HERE in the WFF! Paranoia they'll destroy yaaaaa..... :)

How can people be so simple minded and think that because someone names the place you go in a thread here that hundreds of civilians are waiting to go there invade that sacred domain?

It's just retarded to think that more than a couple people would even think about going just because someone posted the location...

I don't even fish when 99% of you folks do so nobody would normally even see me out fishing. But that's not the point, it's simply silly to assume that saying where it is will ruin the fishing.

11. koolminx

koolminx Member

Secondly, to the more narrow minded of you here on WFF, WHO would you rather have fish next to you, One of US or one of THEM????

12. Nick Clayton

There are plenty of places I fish that I would never name on this forum for simply that reason. Believe it or not there are plenty of lurkers that hang out around here simply to soak up that kind of info.

But, I think it's pretty ridiculous to think there is a need for keeping places like PnP under my hat.

But for the sake of not rocking the boat, I will cease to mention any of the places I fish. For that matter I'm pretty much through posting reports.

13. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Speaking of narrow minded, one of US or one of THEM??? Where has that gotten us? You'd be suprised how much information gear fisherman that fish the beach on a daily basis can provide. My guess is you'll never know. Not only that, they are good people who care about the resource regardless of their gear choice.
    If you don't think naming spots doesn't increase the crowds regardless of how popular they are, keep drinking the Kool-Aid.....or get out and fish the beaches more to see for yourself. When you look at how much shoreline Puget Sound and Hood Canal have; the amount of actual public access is miniscule.
    If you feel you need to name the beaches you fish, have at it. You can't have it both ways, so don't bitch if you find them crowded.

Nick,
    Sorry if you took my suggestions wrong. I'm sure you like myself enjoy fishing in the least crowded conditions as possible.
    Good luck in your coho fishing.
    SF

14. Go Fish

Go Fish Language, its a virus

You might be suprised at the number
    of people that have never heard of
    x-beach, or x-river, or x-lake.

If you want more company just
    mention it on the web.

I agree that there are few if any
    undiscovered fishing spots but I
    refuse to give up my hard earned