kitsap beach in the am?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Nick Clayton, Sep 10, 2011.

1. ptphisher

ptphisher Member

VAN...were you in the yello hat? if so then great job and damn, I left to early. Oh well, better luck next time for me. Again nice work. Oh, and if that was you, was it on your popper or with the chatruse over white?

2. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows Your Preferred WFF Poster

interesting thread drift. got me thinking about how i had ever heard of some of the more popular beach fishing spots. the answer is often on the internet.

seriously, ask yourself how you first learned of one of these popular spots. while they are well known and are given out by tackle shops and newspaper reports, often many of us hear about these spots via the internet. the other thing is that once it is posted on the internet it is always there for the savvy (or not so savvy) googler. i've used google numerous times when i wonder about a specific spot or fishery. sometimes there's a wealth of information and sometimes there is nothing (i really want to check out the nothings :)).

but if you are comfortable posting a spot in a fishing report (i have) then you shouldn't worry about it. i've read the reports from the point that shall not be named and i'm not rushing out the door to fish it.... but that is just me.

chris

3. Blktailhunter

Blktailhunter Active Member

I caught the twin of your fish this morning at an area 9 beach. Lost a nice fish. Conditions wee perfect, but fish were few and far between. My buddy got a 6 lb hen and that was it. Didn't see a fish jump today. Hope it isn't over, but one fish is better than none. Maybe tomorrow.

4. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Nice job! It will be interesting to see how many coho the Everett derby yields this weekend.
    It looks like we will be getting some more rain starting tomorrow. If we don't get to much, fishing should hold up for at least another couple weeks if not longer. The latest I can remember getting silvers off the beaches was near the end of October. That was 2001 though, which was just a killer year. Let's hope we don't get a huge deluge anytime soon.
    http://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/weather/10_day.cgi

5. High Flyin

High Flyin Active Member

Does anyone want to hook up and fish Friday morning? A Kitsap Beach I have in mind but as I am fairly new I am open to options. I am fairly new to flyfishing the salt been a gear guy most of my life.

6. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

There are currently 215 members signed into the board and 728 guests, thats almost 1000 people, how many of those guests do you think are fly guys or are just here browsing for reports?

One thing about this site is if you google just about anything about Washington fishing WFF comes out on the top of the google searches, I am sure that brings a lot of guys in that have no interest in fly fishing.

Also I am sure I am not the only one that checks out gear forums for reports, so I imagine people do the same here..

7. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Not sure when you're planning to head out, but I have a window between about 9 or so and 2 or so, depending on the location, between when I drop my son at school and when I have to head to work.

PM me if you wanna hook up.

Nick

8. koolminx

koolminx Member

Nick, I didn't mean to offend you personally, I meant the bulk of this forums members as YOU... I've been a member of many forums and find that those Stats as noted above are for the most part bogus. 99% of all the "Guests" are automated robot/bot lurkers seeking e-mail and phone number information that they can re-sale.
    Anything with an @ after it and a . in the line will get recorded and spammed.

But that's not my complaint. My complaint it all the bitching this site does about "gear guy's and snaggers" and then they keep their "secret" locations to themselves which effectively limits the number of fly guy's {and gal's, no offense meant :)} but has no impact on the number of gear guy's that show up yanking on buzz bombs and "hooking" their fish through the tail and dorsal fin's...

I figure the more fly fishers in an area the less gear guy's will clutter the beaches in respect for the 60 to 80 feet of whipping line...

I apologize for offending anyone but It just irks me a little and now that I've said my fill I'll not comment on it anymore but continue to compliment the prowess of WFF's progress reports of catches whenever I read them.

Gary

9. mtskibum16

mtskibum16 Active Member

Fished an Area 9 beach on Sunday morning, both sides of the low tide. Nothing for me and nothing for anyone else as far as I could tell. No signs of fish being present. The conditions seemed favorable with a good tide, cloudy conditions, and recent weather changes but the fish just didn't seem to be there. Are the Coho still passing through in the salt along the Kitsap beaches? Any other areas of the salt I should be targeting to possibly find some fish?

10. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Today's weather will certainly bring in some fresh fish out of the straits. Whether they stick around and feed or get lockjaw and head straight for the rivers is the question.
    I won't give up on your favorite Kitsap beaches quite yet, especially if the rain slows down as predicted.

11. mtskibum16

mtskibum16 Active Member

Well I have one week before a fishless vacation. I guess it's a good sign that I wish I could stay here and fish instead of going on vacation. Even though I have no reason to yet, I'm starting to feel pretty confident in my efforts. I feel like it will work out for me sooner than later :thumb:

Do Coho return to any of the creeks around Kitsap Peninsula? Along that note, do Chum provide action in the salt? When do they start showing up?