Klick report

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Rob Allen, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Rob Allen

Rob Allen Active Member

Fished Saturday Night and Sunday Morning in all about 8 hours of fishing nothing to show for it but a good time. According to the game warden and the fish checker fishing has been very slow. just not many fish around. Saw one wild steelhead caught on a bait diver and one chinook caught bu bobber and eggs.

Went to the Deschutes Sunday night fished for 3 hours hooked and lost one saw several hooked and one landed. It seemed everyone had at least a little action...

2. shawn k

shawn k Active Member

I cant believe the crappy regs the state of Wa has on the rivers. I.M.H.O bait and barbed hooks should be be outlawed on all rivers that have listed species.

3. JB

JB New Member

Planning to fly fish (drift boat) the Klickitat in early Oct. Anyone have tips for a first timer on this river?

4. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

dont be to bold to get out and take a peek around corners and stuff. ur in a canyon, with a wild river so there are rocks, overhanging tree, etc, and the lower it gets the more on the line you have to be. wear a pfd.

the fishing should be good and the water is classic.

5. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

as much as people may hate it, i think selective gear regs on all water with esa steelhead would be awesomes.

6. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

You've been on here longer than I have, don't post reports or any usable information for anyone else, and still aren't sure how to use the search function. Really, why should anyone take the time to get you on fish?

7. sandspanker

sandspanker Member

Watch out for logs in the river.. The Klick is full of wood and can really be hazordous anytime of the year..

8. Jordan Simpson

Jordan Simpson Active Member

9. tiger906

tiger906 New Member

Looks like numbers are (slowly) picking up coming over Bonneville. I'm supposed to float it on Friday. I'll let you guys know if I have any luck!

10. docstash

docstash Active Member

Notice that as of this morning we are running about 20,000 behind the 10 year average over Bonneville while we are 50,000 over the 10 year average at The Dalles. There is not a lot of stopping in for the cooler waters of the Columbia tribs and taking a break. I am hearing reports from the Wind to the Deschutes and they just are not spending time in the lower river. The counts over Lower Granite are 100% greater than the 10 year average already. Priest Rapids just took the lead on the 10 year and is not close to last year at this time. Yakima paper reported slower fishing in the mouth of the Deschutes and the Klickitat. The guides are catching some fish almost every trip but it is not going to be anything like the last two record years but closer to normal. after the last two record years there will be many more fishermen fishing for an average number of fish. Now the 10% rule will kick in and many will not catch fish this year.

Craig

11. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    I'm not expecting a banner year on Columbia River tribs.

12. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Was over there for the first time last week. I think we got lucky with water clarity seeing that the high was in the low 70's for a few days. Seemed like a technical river to float IMHO, but I haven't been on the sticks much. I went two for three, all wild gorgeous fish.

13. shotgunner

shotgunner Anywhere ~ Anytime

Matthew.. very nice :thumb:

14. tiger906

tiger906 New Member

Matthew, 2 for 3 sounds good to me! I'm a bit worried about it getting blown out by the end of the week with the high temps in the forecast. Hopefully the coooool nights we've been having will help out.

15. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Oh it was gooooddd!!! Don't get me wrong there. Frickin' awesome is a better way to put it! :) I hope for your sake that the cool nights will help. I, too would be a bit concerned about the higher temps, but I don't know much about it either. Good luck!