Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

LAKE ALICE IS HITTIN'

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Bob Coma 
G
#1 ·
hmmmm. got it dial'd

Well, it was another Great day on Lake Alice. Windy as hell but fish Everywhere. The midge hatch is in full swing. I suggest an emerging midge or a mosquito pattern, I've been using a mosquito 16-18 and doing quite well. I dont have an anchor so I've been floting thru the drift, it's o.k. but if you can anchor straight out from the boat launch about 100 yards and slightly to the left you will do well. BUT, if the weather changes and the temp drops this weekend FORGET IT! it will put the fish down HARD. Just thought I'd give all you out there a little heads up on whats happening out in my neck of the woods, good luck. See ya out on my lake! :COOK Oh, by the way I caught 2 trout, both about 16". Later :THUMBSUP

G
#3 ·
You keep talking about this lake and soon you will have everybody and their brothers there. Not just fly fishers from this site reads this. All them power baiters also read this while passing thru. Just thought I would add my .02.
But if it would just warm up a little I would like to venture out there. It's just a short drive of about 50 miles. Jim S. :BIGSMILE

#4 ·
Everybody and their brother does hit this lake, right after the west side opener.

But I still like this lake. Glad to hear that you had some good early season sucess. I got skunked on a little lake I had been meaning to try for awhile on Saturday in all the rain and snow, then I have it be all nice today. I should have went to the show yesterday, and fishing today.

Sigh.

Rob :DUNNO

G
#8 ·
Well I went to see your lake Alice today. It is a nice looking little lake. I didn't fish,I just went to see it. Boy was it windy up there today and just a little cold. 50 miles from my house to the boat ramp. When it warms up a little more I will try it. Jim S.

#9 ·
Two fish is dial'd :WINK ? But seriously, Other than the fact that it is open year round it's no better than any of the other put and take lakes. Not putting down Alice, just saying that most of these lakes are the same. Troll a wooly bugger, catch 8 to 10 inch rainbows. Take the time to figure out what's going on, and the quality, not necessarily the quantity of your catch goes up. Alice is about 30 minutes from my front door till my butt hits H20, but inside of 30 minutes there are 5 other lakes I can hit, each of which has it's own charm. I'm fishing alice this weekend because it's open. Come the general opener, you won't see me on the water there :BIGSMILE

G
#10 ·
I thought that I would add just a little more to this. Isn't it funny that lakes that are open year around still get hit hard on opening day. And then about a week later nobody fishes them anymore.

G
#12 ·
Maybe the reason for closing lakes in the fall is to let the people that live on the lake a chance to fish.
They leave some lakes open year 'round. Why can't they do it to all of them?. I think that a lake that is open all year long gets less pressure that one that is open just a few months. I could go on and on with this but I will now shut my mouth. Jim S.

#13 ·
Living close to Alice, I decided to check out all the hittin. Fished the lake 3/22/02 from about 10am till 2pm. The midges were coming off big time, but in 4 hours not one fish rose. Tried various c-mid patterns at different depths, not a touch. Dredged around buggers and such with no results. Two other boats (popgearing) went fishless too. I'm sure there are a few holdovers lurking down there somewhere. Water was at a very brisk 39 to 40 degrees. I did find Lake Alice's Snohomish County cousin in Panther Lake. Fished it on 3/29/02. Midges galore and schools of hungry little planters. Any emerger or dry midge pattern worked. The fish were traveling in pods scarfing up the naturals. Now as for the size, a couple of the brutes could of stretched to 10 inches. There were a couple of nice sized rolls here and there, but I was'nt fortunate enough to be within casting range. It was fun though to get a good dose of surface action and a 40 fish day is always a good thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.