Las Vegas Fly Fishing Activities

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by WonkyWapiti, Mar 16, 2013.

1. kmudgn

kmudgn Active Member

There are many things to do with your fly in Vegas, but it has nothing to do with fishing

2. Trapper

Trapper Author, Writer, Photographer

Home Page:
    There is a fly fishing club in Las Vegas. The last I knew, they met at the Bass Pro shop just off I15 on the south end of town. I don't remember if they are TU or FFF. You might want to contact them and see where they go to fish. You could also ask the guys at the Bass Pro shop. I think the club organized trips. I know Bass Pros held tying classes the last time I was there.

What I've enjoyed about Las Vegas is the food. The Venetian has some amazing Italian restaurants and the very best burger I've ever eaten was at the Mirage. There's an IMax theater and of course plenty of shows.

The one thing I've yet to find is a truly great micro brewery. The wine choices are the best anywhere though.

My wife and I have ridden horses through the desert in the early winter and we enjoyed that.

Trapper

3. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

you can go fish lees ferry. Or lake mead, good bass fishing both white and black...

4. Kevin J. Burnham

Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Go down to Laughlin and fish for giant carp at the Colorado Bell. I did it and just freaked people out !!!

5. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

A shot of ass juice?
    How can you pass that up?

6. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Stripers are common in lake Meade but its more fun on gear IMO. (Quote JeeseCFowl) Not to worry , Strippers have been mentioned. So its only natural that a reference Hookers & Blow will be forthcoming