Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Late Secret Santa Swap

Swap 
7K views 95 replies 10 participants last post by  Whit 
#1 ·
I saw this swap on another forum and thought it would be a lot of fun to do with you guys.

The idea... you send me your flies. I will then draw randomly to match santas and swappers. I will photograph them and wrap them up and send them off to your secret swapper. They will not know who sent them flies until they open their present.
The drawing for the swap will be done once I have the flies and if anyone in the area wants to join me in the drawing, we can do it over a couple of beers at a local pub.

Basic Rules:
Flies will be mailed in a crushproof box. Altoids cans are perfect.
Box will be sent to swapmiester (with a stamped self-addressed envelope)
Please list your screen name with your flies and if they are meant for salt water, fresh water or both.
Also please list what type of water you fish in your post (salt, fresh or both) so that I can try to match up flies to the folks that will use them. Although I can make no guarantees to this end.
There are 3 categories to choose from for tying your flies
1) 10 of your favorite flies
2) 10 different flies that you fish
3) 10 flies that you like to tie
Please make this 10 different flies folks so no one is getting 10 of the same (size variance is fine).
You are not limited to 10 flies. All of the flies that you tie will go to your swapper. Just think about what someone else might like to get and tie them up.

There is no limit for the number of swappers for this swap. However, I will not add any participants after Nov. 29th.

Due date for the flies is Dec. 22nd
The drawing will be done on Dec. 22nd, so if I don't have your flies by then I will consider you as not participating.

Ho ho ho! and Merry Christmas!

Swappers
1) Whit
2) Daryle Holmstrom
3) colton rogers
4) ifrank
5) Kim Ferris
6) western
7) steeli
8) kal

See less See more
#9 ·
I know we have more tiers than this! Come on folks. This is a good chance to meet a new forum member, tie the flies you want to, and get a surprise in return. New tiers are also welcome, so don't be shy.

#11 ·
I was thinking about that before I proposed the swap... maybe that would be the best. Let me revise the rules a bit so folks can say what type of flies they could use and for tiers to list if their fly is salt in their packaging. I will add this in in a few minutes. Gotta feed the lil guy.

#15 ·
And you are right... someone would probably not want 10 of the same... this is 10 different flies... edited the main post for clarity... again... obviously I need to reread my post a few times for my next hosting :D

#21 ·
Just received western's ties for the swap. Whoever gets this box is going to be quite pleased.

Still time for others to join in. Please sign up and remember that your flies are a gift to another tier here at WFF. No better way to beat the swollen river blues.

#24 ·
Hey Camo,
I don't mind you joining a little late as long as you can get your flies to me by the due date.

colton - There will be a drawing for who will receive which flies, which will happen when I receive all the flies. If you only have a specific type of water that you fish, please let me know and I will try to accommodate your wishes in the drawing as best I can.

#26 ·
All finished tying. Head cement is drying as I type this. All I need now is the address so these babies can get sent.

Whomever gets this box should be pleased. Ended up having 20 flies total. I tied 10 patterns. Patterns include some bass poppers, bluegill 1/124th jigs, bucktail streamers, and others.

Thanks
CCW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.