Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Late Secret Santa Swap

Swap 
7K views 95 replies 10 participants last post by  Whit 
#1 ·
I saw this swap on another forum and thought it would be a lot of fun to do with you guys.

The idea... you send me your flies. I will then draw randomly to match santas and swappers. I will photograph them and wrap them up and send them off to your secret swapper. They will not know who sent them flies until they open their present.
The drawing for the swap will be done once I have the flies and if anyone in the area wants to join me in the drawing, we can do it over a couple of beers at a local pub.

Basic Rules:
Flies will be mailed in a crushproof box. Altoids cans are perfect.
Box will be sent to swapmiester (with a stamped self-addressed envelope)
Please list your screen name with your flies and if they are meant for salt water, fresh water or both.
Also please list what type of water you fish in your post (salt, fresh or both) so that I can try to match up flies to the folks that will use them. Although I can make no guarantees to this end.
There are 3 categories to choose from for tying your flies
1) 10 of your favorite flies
2) 10 different flies that you fish
3) 10 flies that you like to tie
Please make this 10 different flies folks so no one is getting 10 of the same (size variance is fine).
You are not limited to 10 flies. All of the flies that you tie will go to your swapper. Just think about what someone else might like to get and tie them up.

There is no limit for the number of swappers for this swap. However, I will not add any participants after Nov. 29th.

Due date for the flies is Dec. 22nd
The drawing will be done on Dec. 22nd, so if I don't have your flies by then I will consider you as not participating.

Ho ho ho! and Merry Christmas!

Swappers
1) Whit
2) Daryle Holmstrom
3) colton rogers
4) ifrank
5) Kim Ferris
6) western
7) steeli
8) kal

See less See more
#29 ·
Whit, I thought I had posted this over the weekend. Maybe too many meds and too much turkey. I finished tying flies for another swap and kept on tying up a ten spot for this swap. Mine are done, dry and ready to ship if you'll take them. If not I'll fish them myself. I had gone on record before in another thread that I had put a batch of Daryle Holmstrom flies on my Christmas Wish List. Totally your call, I have not seen such a swap before and think it is a very cool idea. Ed

#34 ·
I am printing my address label and one for return shipping. They will hit the mail in the morning. Thanks again for letting me play along...Merry Christmas to all and to all a tight line.

#42 ·
It is not necessary to toe tag each fly since I won't be getting the flies out to swap them (aside from pictures). PM sent with addy.

#44 ·
I did not toe tag the flies I submitted as the whole batch is going to one lucky soul who must have been very good this year. (that is a keeping a list and checking it twice joke)

If the poor sap that gets my files wants to know more about the patterns, materials or whatever they are more than welcome to shoot me a PM. I like to type. Ho Ho Ho is currently kicking the ass of Bah Humbug!

#50 ·
Flies dropped off at the PO today. I sent some of my favorite trout flies particularly if they have some red or green santa coloring. All have caught fish at some point or other.
I'd suggest adding maybe a couple days extra mailing; particularly the closer we get to the 22nd. Look forward to seeing everyone's flies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.