Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Late Secret Santa Swap

Swap 
7K views 95 replies 10 participants last post by  Whit 
#1 ·
I saw this swap on another forum and thought it would be a lot of fun to do with you guys.

The idea... you send me your flies. I will then draw randomly to match santas and swappers. I will photograph them and wrap them up and send them off to your secret swapper. They will not know who sent them flies until they open their present.
The drawing for the swap will be done once I have the flies and if anyone in the area wants to join me in the drawing, we can do it over a couple of beers at a local pub.

Basic Rules:
Flies will be mailed in a crushproof box. Altoids cans are perfect.
Box will be sent to swapmiester (with a stamped self-addressed envelope)
Please list your screen name with your flies and if they are meant for salt water, fresh water or both.
Also please list what type of water you fish in your post (salt, fresh or both) so that I can try to match up flies to the folks that will use them. Although I can make no guarantees to this end.
There are 3 categories to choose from for tying your flies
1) 10 of your favorite flies
2) 10 different flies that you fish
3) 10 flies that you like to tie
Please make this 10 different flies folks so no one is getting 10 of the same (size variance is fine).
You are not limited to 10 flies. All of the flies that you tie will go to your swapper. Just think about what someone else might like to get and tie them up.

There is no limit for the number of swappers for this swap. However, I will not add any participants after Nov. 29th.

Due date for the flies is Dec. 22nd
The drawing will be done on Dec. 22nd, so if I don't have your flies by then I will consider you as not participating.

Ho ho ho! and Merry Christmas!

Swappers
1) Whit
2) Daryle Holmstrom
3) colton rogers
4) ifrank
5) Kim Ferris
6) western
7) steeli
8) kal

See less See more
#54 ·
...and from the great mysteries of the east coast .... yes, i am just getting back in town tomorrow. got most but not all the flies tied on thanksgiving weekend, then got involved in business travel to washington dc. not much doing out here except it's warmer than back home. will be tying the last of the flies (3) up this weekend, then using an expensive but fast form of delivery on monday. that's the price of procrastination talking at ya.

#55 ·
just got back online and saw that we've gotten lots of posts since i've last been here. looking forward to reading them.

also.... this is a santa thing - since we've not supposed to open our gifts before christmas, or sneak around the house and figure out where the spouse is hiding our gifts... i'm not giving hints.

k

#62 ·
Waiting on the last few to get here in the mail. I will post more tomorrow as I am off to work at the moment. If anyone has not shipped their flies yet I would like to remind you that they are due to me a week from today.

#78 ·
Neither have I, but it has been the holiday season. Not sure if Whit is a student somewhere and may be on winter break either. He's not been on the site since the 30th of December. When he's back on I'm sure we'll hear from him. Happy New Year to all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.