Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Late Secret Santa Swap

Swap 
7K views 95 replies 10 participants last post by  Whit 
#1 ·
I saw this swap on another forum and thought it would be a lot of fun to do with you guys.

The idea... you send me your flies. I will then draw randomly to match santas and swappers. I will photograph them and wrap them up and send them off to your secret swapper. They will not know who sent them flies until they open their present.
The drawing for the swap will be done once I have the flies and if anyone in the area wants to join me in the drawing, we can do it over a couple of beers at a local pub.

Basic Rules:
Flies will be mailed in a crushproof box. Altoids cans are perfect.
Box will be sent to swapmiester (with a stamped self-addressed envelope)
Please list your screen name with your flies and if they are meant for salt water, fresh water or both.
Also please list what type of water you fish in your post (salt, fresh or both) so that I can try to match up flies to the folks that will use them. Although I can make no guarantees to this end.
There are 3 categories to choose from for tying your flies
1) 10 of your favorite flies
2) 10 different flies that you fish
3) 10 flies that you like to tie
Please make this 10 different flies folks so no one is getting 10 of the same (size variance is fine).
You are not limited to 10 flies. All of the flies that you tie will go to your swapper. Just think about what someone else might like to get and tie them up.

There is no limit for the number of swappers for this swap. However, I will not add any participants after Nov. 29th.

Due date for the flies is Dec. 22nd
The drawing will be done on Dec. 22nd, so if I don't have your flies by then I will consider you as not participating.

Ho ho ho! and Merry Christmas!

Swappers
1) Whit
2) Daryle Holmstrom
3) colton rogers
4) ifrank
5) Kim Ferris
6) western
7) steeli
8) kal

See less See more
#79 ·
Ya, I thought about all that too. However, it has been 2 weeks since the due date. It would sure be nice to get an update. Even if it is "Something happened, will get the flies out ____". I know that stuff happens. Honestly, the first thought I had, and still have, is "I hope he is OK." Must be the father in me.

#80 ·
Hey Folks!
I apologize for seemingly dropping off of the face of the earth this last week and a half. I was so excited to go up to Spokane for the holidays. My bags were all packed the night before and all my fishing and tying equipment was ready to go, as well as the flies for the swap (among the 5 million things needed to travel with a 5mo old). Made it to Spokane safe and sound and #(@*&... I forgot my tying stuff and the swap flies. I am sorry that I was unable to update you all sooner. Next time I forget the flies, I will remember my laptop. I was scrambling around yesterday to get all of this taken care of. On the bright side. The flies all went out today! :thumb:
I have also heard rumors that Santa snuck something extra in with the flies. So keep your eyes on that mailbox. They will be there soon!

Whit

#82 ·
LOL LOL LOL - or should i say HO HO HO in keeping with the spirit. good to hear that everything's moving forward. in between, i've been tying flies for mumbles' i keep everything swap - if you send me an appropriate address and hello, i might be persuaded to tie a couple more flies and send them along... of course, you could also say that my ties are bs and that you wouldn't take up the space in your fly box. the latest ones are big bank dent'er terrestial types - size 6. btw, if you are not abusive, i'm not impressed. k

#87 ·
I am going to start posting pics of the flies folks tied for the swap. They are aggregate photos since there are so many different flies that each swapper tied. So if you want a better look at a specific fly or the recipe for one, please pm the tier.

#90 ·
My turn to say I got mine today. Thanks Whit for the swap an the extra. Thanks Santa Daryle the variety and quality of your flies is truly amazing.

#96 ·
A month later and the photos are up! Thank you to everyone who joined this swap. It was a pleasure to host it and I hope everyone got what they wanted for Christmas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.