Leech swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Daryle Holmstrom, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Rory McMahon

Rory McMahon Active Member

Home Page:
    im in

opps, missed this one too.

2. Daryle Holmstrom

Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Ok, its another bakers dozen.

With myself we have:
    John Hicks
    mr trout
    Flyn'dutchman
    Randy Diefert
    Kent Lufkin
    derbyshc
    Irafly
    Willie Bodger
    hikepat
    Scott Behn
    Wayne Jordan
    Ron Eagle Elk

3. Daryle Holmstrom

I decided to add Ron because I'll be using similar setup to take closeup photos of the flies as they come in. I'll post a photo in the swap forum and then upload a photo gallery as they come in.

Daryle

4. Daryle Holmstrom

I like Kent's instuctions so be it:

Here's the ground rules for the swap.

1. Mark Wednesday, March 15, 2006, on your calendars as the date for me to RECEIVE your flies. The further you are from Mount Vernon, the more time you should allow for snail mail to get here from wherever you are. Better yet, tie your flies early and send 'em as soon as you're finished.

2. Attach a toe tag to each of your flies with your name and the name of your fly. A narrow strip of paper with the fly stuck into one end seems to work best. Please avoid using little pre-cut tags with strings or adhesive labels that you attach to each fly. From experience, if they come off in transit, I end up getting a bunch of loose flies and tags that I've got to reattach. Also, please avoid big tags. At least one person will send their flies in a little tiny fly box or Altoid tin which will make stuffing your big tag into that tiny space a challenge.

3. With thirteen tiers, tie one for everyone else except yourself. Although there are thirteen tiers, you'll get twelve flies back at the end of the swap.
    Place your flies in a crush-proof container (a cheap plastic fly box, an Altoid tin or a plastic VHS tape case all work great).

4. Mail your container in a padded or sturdy clasp envelope. If you must send your flies in a box, please include an address label I can put on the box or an envelope.

Please include the correct return postage or a couple of bucks.

If you don't send both return postage AND a self addressed envelope it may delay getting flies back to you. I'll let you know if one or both are missing and will hold on to your flies until you send postage or an envelope.

5. Mail your flies to:

Daryle Holmstrom
    2002 E. Section St.
    Mount Vernon, WA 98274

6. I'll divide up the flies on Thursday, March 16 and mail 'em back out to you. You don't have to wait until the end of January to send 'em in. If everyone gets their flies in early then I can send 'em out early and the swap doesn't have to come to a screeching halt while one or two guys are frantically tying the day before the deadline.

7. If you've got to pull out of the swap for some unforeseen reason, PLEASE let us know by posting to this thread as soon as possible. Things change in life and it's OK if you've got to focus on something else instead. But a little advance notice will go a long way and keep me from having to track you down the day before the deadline.

8. Primary communication will be by this thread. I'll add posts from time to time to see how we're all doing as the deadline draws closer and will send email or PMs to any laggards.

Otherwise, thanks for joining in the swap - I can't wait to see your flies.

5. Cameron Derbyshire

Cameron Derbyshire Steelhead, Classic Atlantic salmon flies

My dozen are going out in the mail tomorrow. I've posted a picture of my pattern in my gallery. Enjoy!!

6. Daryle Holmstrom

Glad to here it derbyshc, gallery photo and recipe look great, I'll post my version here and the swap gallery when I receive your offering. I'm sure my photoshop and yours will differ. LOL

Thanks for letting me know, one down with 12 to go. My humble offering will be microleech that will be for lake fishing.

Daryle

7. Daryle Holmstrom

Got derbyshc flies today and they look super. I'll try to get photos tomorrow and post. If everyones flies are as good as Cameron's I'm going to have to get a new hobby, nice ties.

Daryle

8. Daryle Holmstrom

Got derbyshc flies today and they look super. I'll try to get photos tomorrow and post. If everyones flies are as good as Cameron's I'm going to have to get a new hobby, nice ties.

Daryle
    Edit/Delete Message

9. Daryle Holmstrom

I'm sure Chris will correct the little problem

10. Ned Wright

Ned Wright New Member

If anyone bails, I would be interested in filling in.

Happy New Yearptyd

Ned (Water-Ouzel)

11. Daryle Holmstrom

First one in,

Daryle[​IMG]

12. Randy Diefert

Randy Diefert aka: Longears

13. Daryle Holmstrom

Received Randy's Patterns today, nice job Randy.

See the swap gallery.

Daryle

14. Randy Diefert

Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Very nice photo's Daryle, I've got to go to a meeting but, wiil post the recipe's and detailed instructions tonight when I get home. The rest of the pkg. is yours.
    Randy

15. mr trout

mr trout Trevor Hutton

OK, so I got mine all tied up. It is now 1:15 am. I was waiting up to see a band I like on the late late show, but it is actually some other band, so Now that I am all tied, I will try to send them out this weekend. Go ahead and keep any extras. They are basically a stalcups extended body leech.