Leech

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Trout Master, Jun 19, 2009.

1. P.Dieter

P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Home Page:
    My club's got an outing there this weekend, Jack and I will be attending. Jack will be the one sleeping in the fur coat on the boat.

2. Mike (Doc) LaCombe

Mike (Doc) LaCombe Member

Wife and I drove over White Pass today and I stopped to see what was going on. I saw 1 or 2 campers and at least pontoon clear accross the lake. There were a few other vehicles but I didn't see any other fisherman. I want to go back tomorrow or Saturday but I am fearful I will become an ice cube in my float tube. :)

Mike

3. Mike (Doc) LaCombe

Mike (Doc) LaCombe Member

Well I did go back today and wow. When I got there around noon I saw at least 30 toons, tubes and boats on the water along with multilple campers. What a difference a day makes.

Though it was windy I got busy and finned out a ways and started to troll around a damsel nymph and midge dropper. I managed to have several bumps along with 3 to hand. Later I switched to dry flies and was even more successful.

For my first trip to Leech it was a great few hours.

Mike

4. Trout Master

Trout Master Active Member

also made a trip to leech today, very crowded indeed when we arrived at 7:30. Picked up a few on chronies, lost a few on chronies, picked up a few on para adams,lost a few on adams.
    Cool water temps 55 to 57 which is perfect. Great day.

5. Wayne Kohan

Wayne Kohan fish-ician

I've tried chronies up there, but never seem to do well. Last week I put on some chronies and caught my largest brookie on the first cast, then did not have another hit for 20 minutes so switched off. Probably just the confidence thing again.....

Wayne

6. P.Dieter

P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Home Page:
    36 boats on Saturday, yet there was room for all and fish for all. Most annoying aspect is the helicopter making concrete runs up the mountain all day long (took Sunday off, or finished job which I doubt).

Big Black Ants did very well, as did several other patterns

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. cabezon

cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

Nice pictures, PD. I remember reading that after a long battle the White Pass ski area got permission from the Forest Service to expand. I bet what you are hearing is the construction of the new lifts to this back area (see archive.constantcontact.com/fs085/1101543244153/archive/1102324712168.html). Like you said, Leech Lake seems to handle crowds well. The fish are dispersed throughout the lake and a variety of strategies seem to be effective. I'll be up Tuesday - Thursday.

Steve

8. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Home Page:
    Really nice photos and great report. Man, that BT is gorgeous.

9. ryan2202

ryan2202 Member

Those are some beautiful fish!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm loving the color of the Brookies! Trips look healthy as usual too! I'm planning a camping trip, leaving Thursday afternoon and heading back to town Saturday evening. I'm looking forward to scenes like these pictures...I'm freakin' stoked! Keep'em tight!

10. Ty

Ty Member

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know the average depth of the lake?? :hmmm:

Tyler

11. Wayne Kohan

Wayne Kohan fish-ician

not very much..... maybe 6 ft?

Wayne