Leland gave me a fish!! now I'm inspired!!!

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Tony, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Dizane

Dizane Coast to Coast

Nice. lol

No need to name names. It leads to report chasing which usually leads to being a day late and dollar short. Naming names CAN lead to noticeable increases in pressure...I did it once or twice back when the site was relatively new and saw the results. Don't think I've done it since. :eek:

IMO we all talk too much. Less names, more fish.

2. mtskibum16

mtskibum16 Active Member

Again, it's not about it being a secret spot...we aren't worried about revealing it's existence to the world. Obviously everyone who fishes the Puget Sound knows it exists. It's not even specifically about PNP - it's the principal of the matter. It's about bringing attention to one specific spot at a specific time - enough information to drive someone to get off their fat ass and drive 2 hours to a specific beach they normally wouldn't go to.

You are right though - in this particular case, it was more of a where not to go kind of report.

If you aren't a completely lazy or incompetent person, within 5 minutes browsing the forum you would see plenty of people who live in any given area you are hoping to fish. A couple PMs later you would likely have more than enough information to get you setup for an outing. That's how it should work. Why post it up for the world to see with zero effort involved? I have helped plenty of people that way and plenty more helped me when I was getting started. What I didn't do was troll for the latest hot spot then run to the beach whenever I saw a good report.

Nick Clayton likes this.
  3. Tony

Tony Left handed Gemini.

Holy shit I really can't believe anyone in their right mind would give anyone a hard time about outing PNP especially Leland he was fishing those beaches before most of you shitheads were born and I've been fishing there for roughly 20 years and let me tell you it's no secret, 2 weeks ago there were only a handful of guys fishing there then on the 15th it opened for king retention and bam 30 guys on the beach I hate to say it but it's impossible to out a beach that is as popular as PNP, later in the season there will be days when it's hard to even find a place to stand much less cast and that's without any reports at all wait till few guys catch some fish it gets insane and that's just word of mouth, so do us all a favor keep your pissy little opinions to yourself, we are mostly all adults here so please spare us, most of us that have fished around here for a awhile have places that we never mention not even to close friends we are well aware of the potential damage that can be done, shit my favorite SRC beach was ruined in my opinion when a fucked up local fly shop started taking people there on guided trips pissed me off let me tell you. Now onto something else I was shocked to see to parking had changed it's been gravel and dirt for so long it really was something to see And the trailer park down the road now just a huge parking lot
    I can't believe that I'm sure the neighborhood just loved that change, not.
    Tony

4. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

So let me see if I got this straight, you admit that you have your own secret beaches and that you have seen other beaches go to hell because of Internet pressure, yet you see nothing wrong with naming this particular beach. Yeah that makes a whole lot of sense.

And frankly I don't give two shits how long somebody's been fishing that beach. Ill say it again for those who struggle with the concept ...PnP is NOT a secret. There will always be people fishing it. My point is....WHY INVITE MORE??????

What does anyone stand to gain by naming it? Nothing at all.

Everyone loves to claim how it does no harm, which is complete bullshit, but really and seriously, what good can possibly come of it?

Stonefish likes this.
  5. Adrian

Adrian Active Member

Fish Manchester State Park or Pomeroy Park this Saturday. There's just something in the water there that'll make this weekend magic!

Leland used an acronym, he didn't really even call the place out.

Dan Nelson likes this.
  6. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

I have been fortunate to live where there is relatively good salmon fishing water or trout lakes, for WA anyway.

Personally, I don't mind calling attention to places like Bush Point because I know it will be crowded with townies each time I go. If I need space, I hit a different beach and walk a few minutes.

Also, if I read this post correctly the criticism is directed towards Leland??? Now who puts in more time, shares more fishing general information than Leland. I mean Leland has even come to visit the Whidbey fly club when when there are very few fish in the salt. That is dedication to the sport!

I have been scolded on this forum for mentioning west side Whidbey beaches by people living in eastern Washington. Now I understand the general concern and try to respect friends on the forum who feel differently than I do, but overpopulated beaches impact me more than others.

If it gets too bad, I launch the boat and invite a friend to join me ;-)

7. DimeBrite

DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

I'm packing up the truck and going to bed early. Gonna hit the point in the morning.... see you there. Don't forget to display your Discover Pass and WDFW car tag, they have been checking the new parking lot regularly.

8. Troutrageous

Troutrageous Active Member

I think your point about being able to take out the boat would conflict with your claim that crowded beaches impact you more than others.

9. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

I see how you would think that. if you lived on Whidbey you'd understand my comment. No big deal, just that launches suck so on the south end.

Maybe the crowded beaches are my new excuse for my boat obsession

Troutrageous likes this.
  10. Troutrageous

Troutrageous Active Member

Fair enough. Just seems like a nice option to have when hot fishing brings out the crowds.

11. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

It is, but boats do come with a cost. I would own one regardless though.

If you are over this way, send me a PM and maybe we can get out on the water.

underachiever and DimeBrite like this.
  12. Tony

Tony Left handed Gemini.

13. Tony

Tony Left handed Gemini.

First off Nick I named nothing so save the attack in fact it seems that you've hijacked my post with your ranting and attacks on everyone that doesn't agree with you, yeah sure there might be a couple of people somewhere that haven't heard of it but I think just the fact you've made such a fuss about it will probably attract way more people than if you had just read it and let it go.
    Tony

14. McNaulty206

McNaulty206 New Member

Heard the fish are in. I'm on my way, see ya'll there!

15. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Tony let me ask you something....

Why did you omit the name of the beach in your original report? You covered most other details but the location. Why is that?