Lenice 3/16/14

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Lue Taylor, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

I forgot to mention that there was a peregrine falcon that cruised through the Lenice lot on Monday. Hope the falcons are back at DF this year.

Greg Armstrong likes this.
  2. John P

John P Member

Spent a beautiful morning yesterday (3/18) at Lenice - sunny, no wind. Had many hits with a BH black sparkle leech but nothing would stick. Switched to a BH olive Mohair leech and landed a very nice 18 inch RB. Judging from the conversations across the lake the chirono anglers fared better.

3. dp

dp ~El Pescador

need to stay home this weekend. I know not to tip the boat too much or the house gets made at me.
    Now if I decide to stage a big fight with the Missus and I have to leave to cool off...... now that's a different story....
    I hope to sneak over before I go to Hawaii in April. Can't the weekend of the 28th as I will be in Spokane for daughter's VB tournament

Scott - I think those are tracers you are seeing fly by. Been there - done that..

4. Islander

Islander Steve

Had issues with the tin tipi so I just went over late Monday afternoon and slept in the truck. It was windy as predicted when I took the boat down and it blew pretty hard all night. Tuesday morning was beautiful with no wind and clear skies. Early morning was best for me with 6 to the net, a few misses and LDR's in the first hour. In the afternoon it slowed a bit but was still decent. There were a few smaller fish in the 15 inch range that would fly out of the water as soon as you set the hook. Most were 17-18 inch fish with one at 20. The majority of fish came on my redhead nymph on the sinking line but did catch a few on chronies just to keep Scott and Ira happy. Most of my fish came out of the back cove behind the islands and around the islands. Picked up a couple off the rock bluff and even hit a couple just trolling back to the launch area around 5pm. Packed up and headed home as the reports were for more wind on Wed.

Attached Files:

Irafly likes this.
  5. Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor Lue Taylor/dbfly

Nice fish

6. Wayne Kohan

Wayne Kohan fish-ician

Geez Dave, I guess I will see you in Spokane. My daughter is up there for VB that weekend as well. She is playing in the afternoon wave on Friday and Sat. I am debating taking the float tube and hitting up Amber Sat morning. Unsure if she is at the convention center or in Cheney.

Wayne

7. Phil Fravel

Phil Fravel Friendly

This was back in 2005. This was the second of 2 browns caught the first was an inch longer. I also believe i got a bow that day around 27".

Wouldn't you all love to see it that way again????

Attached Files:

Mike Ediger and troutpocket like this.
  8. Chedster

Chedster Member

What's the camping situation at Lenice? Are there campfires allowed? Heading over this weekend and hopefully I have a good report.

Beautiful fish btw hopefully there's a few of those still lurking the depths.

9. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

You camp in the gravel lot or in a small sandy area. Certainly isn't "scenic". The is a toilet, nothing else. Campfires, yes, there are rock fire rings. You have to walk to the lake, same with Nunnally.

10. dp

dp ~El Pescador

Wayne -

just PM'ed you. carry on....

11. ceviche

ceviche Active Member

Any recent incidents with car and campsite prowling? There was a problem back a good couple of years ago.

12. jwg

jwg Active Member

20 incher small.jpg Here is a valid 20 inch fish from last weekend, from Lenice:
    Jay

Starman77 likes this.
  13. Wayne Kohan

Wayne Kohan fish-ician

nice one Jay

Wayne