Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Lenice report

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Scott Salzer 
#1 ·
My friend and I went for a little drive to do some rock hounding down in Lower Crab Ck area and had to take a look at Lenice.
I have not been in the parking area for a long time and I must say I was surprised to find the beginnings of a land fill (what a mess) and I didn't bring any trash bags with me to haul away what I could.
Anyway, the lake was looking like it would break up at anytime, and I could see a little open water where a beaver or muskrats had been coming and going from a lodge.
If the weather keeps up the way it's going there won't be any ice for the opener.

#3 ·
I stopped there last Monday (on the way to Rocky) and the lake had just a little ice on the west end. Otherwise it was wide open. So the weather must of changed a little Talked with some guys staying there who were duck hunting and they said they were seeing rises in the morning. Thye said hunting was not good this year.
Did not see the trash pile but did see fresh glass in the lot - which is a bummer as well.
35 days till the opener

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.