Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Lenore and Lenice Report March 6th and 7th

955 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Irafly 
#1 ·
If you head to Lenore bring your sense of humor if you plan to fish the North end. People will cast over your line, they will cast into the exact spot you are fishing, they will move right next to you, they will tangle your line, they will ask you what you are using, etc..., etc... This is just the truth of a lake that concentrates fish in singular locations.

Saturday, the lake was dead calm and crystal clear. Allmost every fish on the North end were sitting in a whole about 40' long by 10' across located opposite the road. I'm not joking they were all just sitting in there once the day warm up and people right in the right spot were able to nail one after another. Fly seemed to not matter as much but smaller seemed to be the trick early on, like a size 14 or 16 chironomid but then after awhile they started hitting bigger buggers and leeches stripped in various retrieves on the bottom. It was a little interesting to stand up in my boat and see almost 100 fish sitting in one little section.

Not believing it could be the only spot on the North end that held fish like that troutpocket and I motored around the rest of the North end and with the water clear, no wind and a bright sun we couldn't find but a rare cruiser and one more school of about 10 fish that was moving about in a random pattern.

If you head over, bring a floating device. The roadside is almost impossible to fish and right now the wading option is pretty much a NO go. You can't wade out far enough to reach were the fish are. The water level is down and the weeds are worse than I've ever seen them.

If you go be prepared for combat fishing. Everyone who fished Saturday seemed to understand the drill and other than one brief almost turn to politics (which was quickly averted with talk of alcohol) everyone seemed to have fun regardless of their catch ratio.

One boat with two guys probably landed 100 fish, another member of this forum fished from 10 or so till around 1:00 probably landed over 40 or so fish, I landed about 15, troutpocket caught his first 8 fish on the lake and from there the numbers were somewhat sporadic with maybe a couple other folks hitting 10 or so and the rest with 2 to 5 fish and at least one guy in the group never hooking up.

Lenice on Sunday.

I ended up with 18 fish 17 on chironomids and one on a bugger pattern. I was fishing around the islands just straight off the launch in about 12' feet of water. Most of the fished seemed to be in about 9' feet of water for the day. My hot chironomid was a size 14 olive chironomid with a black tungsten bead antron gills and silver ribbing. My friends with me caught them on leeches, scuds and other various chironomids including a chromy. Early on they seemed to take a static presentation of leech well but then the chironomids started working well around 10:00. For more on the trip, see information about the reports on the full parking lot.

Ira...

See less See more
#6 ·
No doubt sooner than 4 even if you move to the East coast or something weird like that. Glad you found the Fins! Where were they hiding?

Great time fishing with you again. It looks like I'll hit Pass or Lone this weekend.

Ira..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.