Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Lenore Lake Help

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  trout_bum23 
#1 ·
Looking for some more knowledge on Lenore Lake. I'm planning on making a trip to Rocky Ford and Lenore sometime mid April. Are there any particular places that I should focus on? I'm aware that the Cutts will be heading to spawn. I was thinking of working bright colored buggers and various streamers while wading the shorelines. I couldn't find much reference material on Lenore so I thought i would turn to you guys and gals for some info. Any info would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Most of the pressure is on the north end, also primarily chironomids w/ indicators. Other good areas are working the shore line, both north and south of the Israel launch, 1st launch from Soap Lake. Can be real productive sight fishing with chirono's w/ indicator, your buggers and streamers may also produce. Good Luck!!!

#3 ·
Most of the pressure is on the north end, also primarily chironomids w/ indicators. Other good areas are working the shore line, both north and south of the Israel launch, 1st launch from Soap Lake. Can be real productive sight fishing with chirono's w/ indicator, your buggers and streamers may also produce. Good Luck!!!
Any chironomid patterns you would suggest if i have to resort to bobber watching?

#8 ·
"Resort to bobber watching?" I'm a hard core bobber watcher and I really enjoy watching my bobber go under or sideways! It's a super productive method especially in cold temps and lethargic fish. Black with silver or red ribbing is a good start, best info comes from a fish you can take a throat sample from. Good luck and good fishing!

#11 ·
Haha. I'm by no means a bobber watcher hater. I got spoiled growing up on the many wonderful rivers in SE Idaho and wasn't accustomed to much stillwater fishing. Chironomid fishing is very intriguing to me but I just haven't spent much time doing it. I'm sure as I live here more I will pick it up. It's a super effective way to fish Stillwaters. Last trip out trolling buggers seemed to be as effective as chirono fishing and less sedentary.

Thanks for all your guys advice so far. Great stuf! I will totally hit up the desert angler for some flies and tips. I try to visit local fly shops wherever I'm travelikg due to lack of shops in WW.

Keep the great advice coming if your willing... :)

#15 ·
Ben,
I used to think chironomid fishing was boring. Likely because I wasn't very good at it and didn't understand all the nuances involved in it.
I've still got more to learn. With chironomids making up at least half spring diet of stillwater trout, I'd think it is a technique that shouldn't overlooked.
Just one more tool in your bag of tricks when other things aren't producing.
SF

#18 ·
I fished it for a couple hours the other day on the way home from the ford. No sign of fish and the visibility was very poor. No other fishermen on the north end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.