Status
Not open for further replies.

Light 4wt Reel

Wanted 
Tags
5wt and reel
1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  udiablo 
#1 ·
Need a new reel for my Winston 486-4. Would like it nice and light. Looking at Ross evolution lt, Nautiulus fwx, even Hardy Featherweight. Let me know what you have please. Thank you

This post has been deleted
#18 · (Edited)
My favorite 4wt reel is the long-discontinued Ross Vision Two. This is the fully-ported (lighter) version of the Ross San Miguel. With backing and 4wt line, mine weighs 5-1/2 ounces.

My Nautilus FWX 3/4, with backing and 4wt line weighs 5 ounces.

Either reel works well with rods such as the 2 piece Sage 486LL or Winston IM6 8'-6", hopefully this will give you some useful comparison to work with.

Also, IMO, you might save some $$ by going with an older Orvis Battenkill 3/4, either the click/pawl or the disc models (the ones Made In England) can be found well worth the money, with cases, and spare spools are not hard to find. Plus, Orvis is very good about repair if you should ever need it. I have a drawer full of these in assorted sizes for "spares" in case my friends or relatives manage to brake or screw up a newer, expensive "high-tech toy" reel. Otherwise, its' Tenkara baby.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.