Line for EvoTech MF 9/10 14 foot rod

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by cmann886, Sep 28, 2017.

1. cmann886

cmann886 Active Member

Iam the happy new owner of a loop Evotech MF 9/10 and now need to find a line for it. Main use will be Columbia near Tri Cities when kings are n the River, and as one of the rods that I take to the clearwater...leaning towards Nextcast WA-45 or 55 or possibly a Ballistic Launcher but I am not certain what to get. Any recommendations from current or past owners would be greatly appreciated.

Cal

2. Adam Saarinen

Adam Saarinen Active Member

I own the Evo tech 7wt 9'6", Booster 9wt 8'8", Opti peak 4wt 11' & Old Adventurer 9wt 13'6" or 9"! The funny thing about Loop rods is that they work best with Loop lines, no BS! I heard Goran Anderson say this & recommended using only lines from Loop because they develop the rods & lines at the same time to work with each other! It all made sense to me then because I'd tried other lines & wasn't happy! The Opti line is awesome on my Evo tech! I honestly wouldn't buy anything other than a Loop line for a Loop rod! Cheers Adam

3. cmann886

cmann886 Active Member

So far I have tried the Airflo FIST in a 570 gr. A nextcast steelhead finder 600 gr Ff-45 a Galeforce 54' 10/11 a Ballistic Launcher in a 9/10. For longer line the Galeforce is excellent but is more work than the Nextcast steelhead finder. I have never cast anything with as little effort as This line with the exception of a210gr Scandi on an ARE 12' 3/4. That said I would like to try one line weight heavier and longer. The fist is a smige light but casts and fishes wonderfully. I caught 2 Steelhead with it last week. I will probably move up one line weight for this rod. I would pass on the ballistic launcher only because the others are so outstanding.

The only loop line I have cast was on a 10 wt. flats man and I was amazed out how well it matched the rod. If I can find one to try, I'll give it a go on this rod. It has quickly become my new favorite rod.

Adam Saarinen likes this.
  4. cmann886

cmann886 Active Member

Any other line suggestions? Can anyone who fishes a loop line comment on how long they last compared to other lines?