Line Me!!!

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by fifafu, Mar 30, 2012.

1. fifafu

fifafu Guest

Thanks Guys. I bought a 7/8 Delta floating line.

Now it time for a bigger reel. That took about five minutes of denial to see both my 8 wt reels were too small. I will be looking but am in no hurry as it is golf season and I can fish it for Smallies without worrying about the limited backing left on the reel. I might look for a used Lamson or might give the $99 Echo reel a shot. Anyone?

2. Ian Broadie

Ian Broadie Flyfishing is so "Metal"

Home Page:
    Good choice on the line you won't be disappointed. Here is a reel suggestion for you http://www.allenflyfishing.com/products/alpha-ii-reel and select the 9/10. I have both the 7/8 and 9/10 and I've used them both pretty extensively and intentionally not been very nice to them just to see what they could take. I can say from personal experience that they are really tough to break, I say this because I have yet to break one, and for the price you cant beat them (please note that this is only my opinion based on experience and I'm sure there's someone out there ready to tell me what an idiot I am :D).

Good luck with your adventure in to the world of two-handed casting.

3. fifafu

fifafu Guest

Ian thanks for the advice. I will check them out for sure. Reasonable price and reliability are really nice attributes. I will be checking out a bunch of reels. SInce I won't be using it much until fall I am gonna be patient.

4. estuaryboy

estuaryboy Member

Nice Pup.... PM sent and some info.

5. Paul Huffman

Paul Huffman Driven by irrational exuberance.

Home Page:
    Smallies?

6. fifafu

fifafu Guest

Yep smallies.