Little spokane mouth at Eloika lake, good for fishing?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by troutcatcher6, Aug 11, 2008.

1. scottybs

scottybs Active Member

Home Page:
    Letzdoeet!!!!

2. TroutSnouts

TroutSnouts New Member

Yeah I think everyone summed it up for me; just too bad when people pull that kind of thing. Well I'll see you all where Eloika meets the Little Spokane.

:)

3. Tarkin

Tarkin Member

I kayak the Little Spokane every year with a friend of mine who lives on the river. And every year, there's an old man named Bart that comes out and yells at us and threatens to call the sheriff because it's private. We're always extremely respectful and quiet, not there to disturb anything. So, for the hell of it, we also have an attorney friend and asked what the true legality is and if the law is in fact true. After much research, he said that while in fact the property line may actually go to the middle of the river, there's nothing that can be done about you floating on top of it as long as you don't get out along the banks or touch the bottom. It's similar to owning the air above your yard, you can't forbid planes from flying over, and they don't own the water in the river. In a nutshell, you're totally legal to float it from what I understand. I would highly recommend a float trip and paddle around the above mentioned location while staying in your boats or tubes for an extended period of time. Be respectful. Maybe they'll think twice next time they spin the law out of their own selfishness.

4. layneebusse

layneebusse New Member

Say all you want. You get out of your boat though there your on private property because the family owns both sides of the water way which meets up to own the land under the water. You would be pissed too if guys were leaving beer bottles all over your property and throwing them in the water where kids swim and stepping on the broken glass. Also guys getting out of their boats onto the privately owned property with their dogs, their dogs then attacking our animals that have the right to be there. Douche or not, I care about my family, the kids don't deserve to have people who can't clean up after themselves causing deep cuts in the kids feet with their garbage. You would be pissed. This last summer three men got out of their boats onto our lawn, my brother asked them politely to leave in which they caused a huge fight and got my brother arrested for their trespassing. My family has never said no to a fishermen or hunter in fact being on our property when they have actually asked.

5. layneebusse

layneebusse New Member

The Douche above is not the land owner but the daughter. Douche yes after an asshole fishermen's dog attacked my dog!

6. Snopro

Snopro New Member

Which front door should I knock on?

7. layneebusse

layneebusse New Member

We only have one front door, one back.

8. mrsfranklin07

mrsfranklin07 New Member

layneebusse, some people are really rude. Don't worry about them and what they call you. It's really sad that you can't have privacy in your own backyard. They should get a fine for littering.

9. mrsfranklin07

mrsfranklin07 New Member

you should build a bridge over there, connecting your property.

10. mrsfranklin07

mrsfranklin07 New Member

why would you want to trespass?

11. layneebusse

layneebusse New Member

Found this on Gamefishin.com

5/30/2011 - nellygirl - Little Spokane River, Spokane County, WA
    i fish the little spokane every year, i grew up on this river near elk, which is 20 miles north of spokane, it is very hard to acess the river because it is one of the only rivers in the states that is privatley owned. that includes the ground under water. so be careful where you are fishing because you are most likely trespassing out that way. But i cathc nice brook and rainbow out of there and i have even caught a small catfish once, but 2/3 times it is sucker fish although very fun to reel in, they are very gross.

12. layneebusse

layneebusse New Member

Found this one on http://www.city-data.com/forum/spokane-area/1032794-cool-spots-jump-spokane-river.html

07-27-2010, 11:08 PM
    LitheInvestments

1 posts, read 1,070 times

Hi and welcome to the area, many have died in the Spokane river the rapids are not to be underestimated. Not many public entry points where you'll stay in one piece

check out the little spokane river, there's some beautiful areas particularly pine river park. The little spokane river is one of only two rivers that are actually privately owned rather than public water, but some excellent intertubing entries for the little spokane, come say hi if you're near pine river!
    [+] Rate this post positively

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/spok...ump-spokane-river-peaceful.html#ixzz1lMGYiNje

13. Blake Harmon

Blake Harmon Active Member

Are you the house right above Eloika Lake Rd? Or one of the properties between that little bridge and the highway?

I ask because I was up there for the closing weekend of waterfowl, and knocked on a few doors without success :beathead:

14. tkww

tkww Member

15. layneebusse

layneebusse New Member

I think you should ask permission for any property you intend on going on. If no one answers the door you should come back later.