Little tricks to the trade??

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
Don't chase fishing reports.. make your own! The fishing was always better yesterday...

Pinch your barb before you tie a fly, so if your hook breaks you don't waste your time and materials.

Buy materials for tying where you can go through the packs and high grade them. Buy the best ones you can afford.

Practice your casting! Golfers do it, professional athletes do it...

Never forget your cigars and scotch... or wading staff!

dryflylarry

"Chasing Riseforms"
While fishing for sea-run cutthroat wading the beach and want to move a 100 feet further down the beach, get out of the water!! Don't wade in one foot of water all the way down the beach kicking cobbles and stomping along in the shallow water and start fishing! Get the hell out of the water first! It will scare every cutthroat along the beach and out a 100 feet if you wade through water!

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I don't have any good habits. All my habits are bad ones. Nobody needs to learn. Besides I don't have to search for fish. I know where they swim.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Always pee before putting on your waders.

Avoid casting to the same rising fish as your two fishing buddies.

You can use Chapstick as a fly floatant.... the trout prefer the cherry flavor.

When tying flies, do not attempt to use superglue to attach quill style wings.

If your sinking line decides to tangle itself into a birds nest on your reel, it's best to toss out the line and spool and start over.

Never, ever wear your baseball cap backwards unless you want to be mistaken for a B.A.S.S. angler.

Do not use a handgun out of frustration to shoot at selective feeding trout.

If you slip and fall in while fishing a river, calmly float downstream while casting to give the impression you've come up with a new technique.

1. Adopt a strong opinion about wolves, guns, tribal netting and swinging vs nymphing.

2. Have a few strong drinks and be sure to let all those who oppose your beliefs know about how inferior their opinions are compared to yours.

3. Threaten to smack them through your computer monitor to display your internet toughness and boost your geek street cred.

4. Have a few more strong drinks and let all your friends hear about how you can't believe that someone would have opinions different from your own.

5. Pass out and not remember a thing.

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
1. Adopt a strong opinion about wolves, guns, tribal netting and swinging vs nymphing.

2. Have a few strong drinks and be sure to let all those who oppose your beliefs know about how inferior their opinions are compared to yours.

3. Threaten to smack them through your computer monitor to display your internet toughness and boost your geek street cred.

4. Have a few more strong drinks and let all your friends hear about how you can't believe that someone would have opinions different from your own.

5. Pass out and not remember a thing.
Drunk posting is so much fun... til you read the shizz you posted the next morning! LOL!