Lodges in MT

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by hopper, May 10, 2002.

1. hopper

hopper New Member

My wife to be and I are going to take a few days in montana in late July. I have been on the internet and there are tons of lodges out there (hard to differentiate), anyone on here been to a really good lodge in MT? Looking for something that may offer cabins for a little more privacy. Riverfront obviously a must. Any leads would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Jeb.

2. Redbeard

Redbeard New Member

Hopper,

Montana is a pretty big state with lots of different rivers. Any particular area in mind? Spending limits?

3. hopper

hopper New Member

Yeah. I'd like to fish the big horn or maybe the bitterroot. It doesn't really matter. Looking to find a place where we can do maybe one guided day and a couple wading days on our own. 200-350 per day for lodging. Any leads would be great.

Thanks,

Jeb.

4. bugbitten

bugbitten New Member

Didn't see your inquiry until now so hope you're still checking. Can only testify to one lodge and one river in Montana - Tight Lines Lodge on the Big Horn. We've been every July for the last 4-5 years plus a couple of other different times during the year. If you also like to bird hunt they have a great "cast and blast" package in the fall. It's an awesome place, home cooked meals (and desserts!), very comfortable lodge with huge rock fireplace, hot tub, fire pit. They also have a regulation skeet and trap range if you like to shoot or just want to give it a try. The lodge is not on the river althought they own about a 1/4 mile of frontage. It's very private and the guide/host is great. You won't have your own accomodations but depending on when you go you might find a window when you have the run of the place or near to. It holds about 10. The water has been low and like and after a guided day the river in front of the lodge is wadable and you can walk for a few miles with great wading access. They are past the last take out so you never see another person or drift boat down in front of the lodge. Occassional jet boat goes by on the way up river. I don't have the lodge number handy but call Pat at 253-565-0137 and he can put you in touch with the guide, David Couch. There are so many darn fish in the Big Horn it's incredible. Other than your request for a private cabin smack on the river, Tight Lines Lodge will exceed your expectations. Ken

5. Peter Pancho

Peter Pancho Active Member

Home Page:
    Here you go! http://fireholeranch.com/

This is where we are spending our Honeymoon in Sept. Out of all the places I've looked at on the internet about lodging in Montana, this is the BEST place I've found. I've spoke to them over the phone and they sounded very nice and really look foward to taking care of our stay when we get there. My only question for them is if they are serving lunches and if they have any cabins that are by themselves and not attached to another. All the cabins are located about 300 yds from the main lodge which is really cool, but it sound like upon dinner and breakfast time, you have to walk 300 yds to eat! Ok with me though. Let me know what you think! Peter