Lone 4/23

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Gregg Lundgren, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Gregg Lundgren

Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

Lone Lake was slow today, but what a beautiful day to be out fishing. Most folks were commenting on how nice the weather was, because the catching was not very good.

There were fish jumping and sipping with a nice hatch coming off, but around 15 boats were just getting the fin from these finicky fish.:confused:

Finally, I gave up on fishing midges, and found a leach they wanted; slow troll and strip combination only, cast and strip just wasn't cutting it. I went 4 for 6 only due to perseverance. Dang, I was there nearly all day. I did end the day with a good sized fish though around 5:00. Sure beats a day at work!:)

[​IMG]

troutpocket and Jeff Dodd like this.
  2. Mark Yoshida

Mark Yoshida Active Member

Gregg
    Nice fish photo. I wish I was out yesterday. Had to do yard work instead. Thursday is a full moon, but going to fish it anyway on my favorite lake near N Bend after work.

3. Islander

Islander Steve

Nice fish Gregg. I saw a lot of boats on the water yesterday every time I drove down Bayview Rd. I'm going to hit it today for a bit, should be warming up nice.

4. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Gregg. Thanks for the report and I agree, very nice photo and great markings on that rainbow!

5. Gregg Lundgren

Funny thing about that particular fish. It fought hard, but down deep, more like a brown. As I persuaded it from the bottom to a point near the surface; looking down, the fish appeared to be totally rose colored. It actually set me back for a moment. I guess the rose colored banding, cheeks and bilateral fins caused a perfect storm in the rare sunshine.;)

Jeff Dodd likes this.
  6. Drifter

Drifter Active Member

Nice - gotta love the rubber nets! Looks like spawning colors on that fish.

7. Islander

Islander Steve

When I first started fishing Lone I caught a fish now and then that I thought looked a lot like a brown. When I talked to Gil Nyerges about it he said that sometimes the rainbows will get real dark as in spawning, even though they can't spawn there.

8. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Sometimes you'll see bows trying to mock spawn of the gravel at the boat launches on lakes.
    Kind of weird to watching them building a red will you're trying to launch your boat.
    SF

9. Gregg Lundgren

You might be able to see the swollen abdomen on that rainbow in the photo. All that romance and pain for no gain!;)