Lone Lake(Island) 5/11

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by nwtroutguy, May 11, 2008.

1. nwtroutguy

nwtroutguy The Tug Is The Drug

Got out there by 7:30 am with the wife( went to see my mom yesterday so I could sneak out today) and started by 8:15. The swallws were out in force going after some kind of opaque looking size 26? looking adult. Didn't seen very many shucks or too many fish feeding. Generally, these fish are in the first 3-5 feet of the surface. water temp was in the low 50's. The fishing was very slow until the sun popped out for a bit and then the fish became active. Caught 3 or 4 15-17" nice rainbows with a few dinkers thrown in on a Type 3 sink and a size 12 modified WB. I am not a c-mid person, but that might have done ok. My experience with this lake is to wait a couple more weeks for the water temp to come up and things will start moving and hatching thus making the fish more active.
    Good luck and tight lines:thumb:

2. SeanM

SeanM member

I think you hit the nail on the head. I've fished there on overcast days and sunny days and there is a big difference. The one exception to the rule is wind - if its windy the fishing tends to slow unless your getting deep and even then, you're worrying more about paddling than fishing.