Lone Lake visit 2/9

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Roper, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Islander

Islander Steve

COOKIES?????? :eek:
    Oh crap, I was going to go to a shooting competition on the OP Sat. and then chase some steelhead for a day or two but that got changed because I've got some family stuff Sat. evening I was told I HAD to attend. Let me see what time I have to be back.

Jeff Dodd likes this.
  2. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

You guys are killing me! My wife works this weekend and I have the kids. I'm thinking baby sitter. Jeff, do your kids watch kids?

3. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

My daughter does, but she will be in Marysville this weekend... Bummer. Hope to see you!

4. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Day care at the Dodd residence. I like it. I should bring Ethan and he can watch all of them.

5. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

I do have 2 prams now. The kids could all get in one and join us on the lake! Haha

Nick Clayton likes this.
  6. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Jeff:

Thanks for the offer on the propane, I'll go ahead and bring mine. Just have to let them know I have it.

MB

Jeff Dodd likes this.
  7. james.jimenez

james.jimenez Active Member

I wanna go!!!!!! But the wife has planned an Eagle Float on the Skagit River on Saturday... GRRRRRRR!!! Some one post pictures and reports after the trip if you can. The good news for me though is I have two four day weekends in a row. So after this Eagle Float its game time..,.

Jeff Dodd likes this.
  8. jimmydub

jimmydub Active Member

Sounds like Lone needs a name change. Good luck out there tomorrow everyone, I'm looking forward to reading the report already!

Jeff Dodd and dbfly like this.
  9. Nick Clayton

James, there's always room in the Cruz for you and your tube!

10. james.jimenez

james.jimenez Active Member

My tube is way huge.. Its a 12ft frameless Scadden. When myself and Thomas floated the Wynoochee my for little Eveo cried.. My wife is now debating on going on the Eagle float so maybe I will get lucky and get a pass for the day..

11. Islander

Islander Steve

I was able to go do a little scouting this afternoon. I completed my honey-do's around 1:30 so I tossed my quickie boat in the truck and was on the water before 2:00. It was a little cloudy with a slight breeze off and on. The takes were very subtle and I missed several. Had 6 to the net and LDR'd 2 more. They all where nice fish 18-21 inches but only one fought very hard. Fished until 5:00 and then headed home.

12. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Steve
    Thanks for the report.
    Your did much better than the morning shift crew. They all trotted the same. SLOW

See you on the water!

13. Nick Clayton

Sounds encouraging, Islander. Thanks for the report. I should be getting up there around 7 or so. I'll be in a green Fat Cat.

14. Nick Clayton

Great time up there today! Was great to meet and hang out with everyone. The brats were a welcome treat at lunch time! I'm glad Steve showed up to help me with the Crown. Sure was a cold one.

Too bad the fishing didn't cooperate. It was slllloooooowww. I had 2 to hand and 2 ldr's for my efforts. One fish on a leech, one on a pumpkinhead. Nobody seemed to be able to get much going on. But I won't complain... The weather wasn't too horrible, the company was fantastic, and the food/drink was great. Not much to complain about there.

jimmydub likes this.
  15. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Yes, a fun day for sure, and a the brat did hit the spot! Thank you. Steve, Roper ,Steve, Gregg, Nick and Steve!
    Even got to say a quick Hi to Stonefish as I rowed for shore and my son's little league baseball tryouts

I had a fish early on a streamer against the bank and then two fishing. the indicator with a size 14 red chironomid with black bead head. Slow but fun impromptu WFF.COM stillwater outing