Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Lone wasn't

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Dale Dennis 
#1 ·
Club outing on Lone today.
The weather was perfect for fisherman, not so good for fishing. I think all the sunshine had the fish put down. Saw almost no rises all day. Just 5 hookups, nothing landed. Some of the guys managed to land a few. But they were few and far between. Low and slow was the rule of the day.

The highlight of the day had to be lunch. The outing host went over the top. Filet mignon, shrimp Alfredo, bread w/gotta and zucchini, great wine. And fresh baked brownies. It diffidently made the slow fishing worth it.:rofl:

#7 ·
Jeff, that was us out there yesterday.
Five of us fished up to 2:30 what great weather. I'll have to agree it was a little slower than usual for this time or year. In all I think we put a dozen to the net probably lost that many more, the soft takes were agonizing.

We pumped a couple of fish that were filled with Daphnia and a few blood worms and little of anything else which can explain the slow fishing. By mid day the surface temps were 46 deg.
The lake looks to be just coming alive we did see a good hatch of Chironomids for a few hours with some surface activity this also included a boatman hatch. Half the fish taken were on what we call the Traditional, #14 black silver ribbed Chironomid other half on Bloodworms. Largest fish taped was 21”.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.