WTB Long Shot? GLoomis Streamdance GLX 10' 5wt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cms829

10' 6 wtfor sale. found a 9' 5 wt elsewhere... Anyone even know any shop that may still have a new one sitting around? FlyfishUSA lists it but doesn't actually have one in stock.

riverrun

Sorry, but I can offer a G Loomis FR 1204 IMX. 10' 4 Weight old school 2 piece. Black ballistic nylon tube. Very good condition. Appears lightly used. Still have a couple rods of my friend's that are unsold after he passed. 150 dollars with local Seattle inspection preferred.

cms829

I sincerely appreciate the offer riverrun, but I am going to pass. I really have my heart set on the 10' 5wt streamdance....even if it seems to be a unicorn.

Have a 10' 3 wt zenith that I absolutely love. Just looking for something a little more stout.

nb_ken

I had one of these a few years ago. Bought it used to replace a stolen rod. I didn't particularly like it, but that's because it was a 10'. The 9' Streamdance was my everyday trout rod for a long time.

The 10' was actually kinda hard to sell. Didn't get as much interest as I thought it would.

Hope you find one.

nb_ken

What didn’t you particularly like about it?
I've been fly fishing for some 25 years. I've owned a 6' rod. I've owned a 15' rod. But 95% of my fishing has been done with 9' rods. The 10' just didn't suit me as a daily driver.

That's not a knock on the Streamdance at all. That rod that got stolen - I probably caught 2000 trout with that rod. Needless to say, I was a little pissed about losing it. If you're looking for a do-it-all 5wt, a GLX is a solid choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.