Looking for first toon. Help please.

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by DanielOcean, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Twin Dragons

Twin Dragons New Member

I have the same boat that Kerry is selling and absolutely love it. Use it in both rivers and lakes even some white water. Don't want anything else.

2. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
  3. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Active Member

Thanks jerry sure appreciate the time.

4. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    I know the soldier who owns it. Takes good care of his gear.

DanielOcean likes this.
  5. BDD

BDD Active Member

Home Page:
    Not that I'm trying to convince you of trying Kerry's (or anybody else's boat) but if you indeed want to test row a variety of boats, we have a couple of demo models that we'd be happy to show you and let you try on the river, for the sake of comparison. Typically we meet folks on the Yakima or Snoqualmie but if fishing is involved at the other end, I'd go most any where, including stillwaters.

6. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:

This depends on how often you use it. Vinyl can be okay. Just heavier than Urethane. The outer cover would be more a concern I would think. Try to find a PVC coated over the nylon covers.
    If you are going to hit it hard and heavy, then nothing wrong with spending more. I do believe you get what you pay for.
    The frame is another issue. Aluminum for the weight factor. Check welds.
    Skykomish is a nice boat for sure. Might want to look a little further into the U shaped pontoons. There is a day / night difference between them and the two individual pontoons.

7. cmann886

cmann886 Active Member

I would stay away from a vinyl bladder. I bought a bucks bag used off of this forum that had a vinyl bladder. I got two trips out of it before I had a problem with the seam. I would go with the better bladder material. If I were to buy another (I have a skyhomish and a bucks bag that is lighter but mostly used for a loaner) it will be a frame-less. I never use these as often as I had expected and the set up time and weight are deterrents to how often that I use them.

8. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
    Vinyls certainly don't have the stamina of Urethane, but I know a bunch of people that have Vinyl bladdered boats. Outcast offers a few. I still think the outer cover is the important part.
    Frameless is awesome specially for transporting, but I do so love my framed boat. Sit higher out of the water.