WTB Looking For Quality Tarpon Flies !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm heading out on my first tarpon fly trip in may , I'm in need of an assortment of proven flies with quality hooks is a must ! Also I'll need the flies shipped to Canada . If you think you might be able to help me out please PM or email Me @ [email protected] I'm looking for 12-20 flies
Thanks
Jeff

Sir,

If your going with a guide, He will have everything you need. Or your guide will tell you what you need. Most good guides are real picky what you use, and they tie there own....My 2 cents, I have been there done that a few dozen times. Good luck

Carl

Richard E

Sir,

If your going with a guide, He will have everything you need. Or your guide will tell you what you need. Most good guides are real picky what you use, and they tie there own....My 2 cents, I have been there done that a few dozen times. Good luck

Carl
Great comments and observations, Carl. It seems colors and even sizes vary greatly from location to location and even year to year. What was the hot pattern just 2 years ago may not be for this year . . .

So..... Where are you going? I may be able to help you out, but it's hard to suggest flies without a destination.

If I were going to the Keys, I tie a variety of toads and worm flies on small 1/0 hooks... If I was heading to Boca Grande, FL I would start with EP Peanut Butter flies in 2/0 and 3/0... Everglades in for laid up tarpon... I would use larger flies, some with a weed guard...

Snookdaddy,

I was going to answer the guy, just about the way you did, however I know two tarpon guides that fish the same spot and use the opposite flies and lines.

I have show up before on a Tarpon trip and had a certain fly tied on. The captain would say, "cut that off," and tie this on. so from now on I use what the Captain tells me to use or what to bring. Most of the Captains are real picky.
What Denny said is great advice. my 2 cents worth

Carl Blackledge

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.