Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Looking for the best Steelhead guide I can find

4K views 47 replies 23 participants last post by  RogueBum 
#1 ·
I got a free pass from the wife to go get my first steelhead with a guide. I fished the south sound rivers all summer last year and never got one. I was 0-2 on the season. I am ready to get my boots wet again. I need some good recommendations on a guide. I am not concerned with where I have to go, I am willing to go anywhere in Washington for this. I just want to link up with the guide that gives me the best chance to hook up on a metal head. Can you guys give me some info on guides I should reach out to?

Also, would like to split the cost of the boat for the day with someone. Anyone interested?

Thanks,

LG

#43 ·
Jerry French. He and Ed Ward fished the Skagit literally every single day for years, fishing Skagit heads wayyyy before it became cool. He now guides the OP and Skagit. If you want to learn switch rod techniques there is no better guide in this state. Can be reached at opskagit.com.
Skagit heads aren't cool and never have been. useful but not cool.. double taper on a 10 ft single hander..... that's cool.

#47 ·
Whoah bro! I like that spendy mono and those fourteen foot skagit heads really lob some beads. OPST is the only place to get all your supplies for fishing yarnies with a speyrod. Check out their sweet videos. Like 50/50 beads and yarn vs. Swingers. This is the only pure skagit program out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.