Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Looking for YOUR secret spot

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  junkie 
#1 ·
Not sure if asking this question is as "taboo" as asking for trout locations, but I guess I won't know until I ask. The whole world knows that a guy could catch a hundred of these fish, throw them on the bank, and not put a dent in their populations.

So..., I'm not actually looking for any particular spots, but I need some help with carp locations on Long Lake (Spokane River) from shore.

I wanted to try a new place today, due to time constraints, but only ended up driving around the lake for 2 hrs today, trying to figure out were I could just fish from shore. Never did...

Does a guy need to have a boat to get to the "flats" locations?

Thanks

#8 ·
It's such a tough spot for bank fishing. I've done the same thing numerous times trying to find a non private spot to locate carp and I've struck out. gots to get on there with a boat and then recon from there
Yeah, I was wondering that...

For what it's worth, thanks for the reply anyway mills

#7 ·
I'm more secretive about my carp flats than my trout spots. It's hard to find the perfect flat.

Reactions: Jim F.
#11 ·
I usually fish Banks Lake for Carp. They're everywhere so it's not hard to find them. Just look for shallow areas. I fish from the shore and get plenty of shots at the Carp. Catching them however is not as easy. I want to know if there are any good Carp areas on the Columbia near Vantage since it's closer to home. Any tips would be helpful.

#12 ·
I don't know of any particular places to go on the Columbia. I have gone to Banks before, but those are the "spookiest" fish I've ever been after.

#14 ·
I catch a lot of carp in Banks, but much prefer the clearer water of Lake Roosevelt, or anywhere on the Columbia. Banks Lake is just too murky to get the visual eats I like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.