Looking to rethread my 8 wt. reel

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Olive bugger, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Dave K,

Yes, Cortland lazer lines were a complete clusterfvck, trying to improve on perfection. Quite silly.

Sg

2. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Well, maybe Wednesday I will journey up to Mill Creel and talk to the boys and visit with Rogue for a spell. I will take my rod and reel and see what they have to say about it.

3. Olive bugger

I was rereading this thread this morning. I always get a lump when somebody asked the question, "WHAT IS THE BEST...."

My take is best for WHAT? I doubt that there is a BEST in all situations, but in some there might be a better choice.

Back to the original question, I am curious about the finish on the Air Flo lines. Just how durable is it and is it going to measure up to the hype on the videos?

I appreciate you input, Dave.

4. generic

generic Justified

The Airflo Ridge line I have, has held up better than my other lines actually. I am just as brutal on it, as I am with the others (stepping on it, snagging it around branches/rough edge rocks on the ground, etc).

The Ridge line feels weird in your hands at first. Kind of like grit is on the line, because of the ridges. Floats really well and is very supple.

5. Olive bugger

The only contact I have had with Air Flo is I bought one of their leaders a few years ago. I was not smart enough to understand the dynamics of it and went back to hand tied leaders. Perhaps they deserve another look. I am planning a trip to Mill Creek sometime soon and will see what they can tell me. Hands on is always good.

6. generic

generic Justified

I hand tie all my leaders as well, always have. I'm too cheap to buy the pre-made ones. :D

7. ten80

ten80 Active Member

airflo sixth sense delta taper 8/9 is pretty fantastic for single hand and light switch rods. it will throw everything from dry flies to extra fast sinking poly leaders. Im just up the street from PFF, you are welcome to try my line

8. pbunbury

pbunbury Tights Lines

I'm selling an airflo ridge impact WF8F. Awesome line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk