Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Looks like Redington has dumped the 'Tempt' and brought back the 'CT?

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Bradley Miller 
#1 ·
In browsing the Redington web site today, it appears that the Tempt line has disappeared and been replaced by the resurrected CT. I've been in the market for an 8wt lately and have spent quite a bit of time browsing the Redington site where I saw the Tempt just last week. Given how the CT achieved near-cult status last fall when it was closed out in favor of the Tempt, I'm tempted (pun intended) to conclude that Redington's marketing folks figured out that simply changing the rod's name and adding $20 to the price was not the best decision. If true, about the only thing that could top that in my book would be if Sage brought the entire LL line back from the dead.

K

#2 ·
That news has been out for some time now. Yes it was a poor decision to change to the tempt. I personally feel that when they ditched the hardware on the orignal ct and went with more basic stuff on the tempt was stupid too. I think this new CT will be a hit out of the ball park because it has the old hardware again, and it comes with a nice brown tube instead of the stupid bright red tube.

#3 ·
..... about the only thing that could top that in my book would be if Sage brought the entire LL line back from the dead.K
With the great following for the LL and the RPL series, I'm surprised they haven't... if there are any Sage insider mover's & shaker's in our midst... get on it already will ya. ;)

#4 ·
Danielocean said:
I think this new CT will be a hit out of the ball park because it has the old hardware again, and it comes with a nice brown tube instead of the stupid bright red tube.
There is still a lot of clearance inventory to be sold in the red tube for $99 or less. I just purchased my third rod a few days ago. So the way I understand it, for a limited time you will be paying an extra $50 or more for a brown tube? Did they launch this campaign too early?

#6 ·
I also hear they have discontinued the Link already in favor of a rod built on the same blank with some snazzy components. Which is what my local shop told me a while back anyway. That's a shame as a really love the Link, and I am not alone based on things I've read.

#9 ·
If this trend continues, the retailers are going to get squeezed by the increasing frequency of new model introductions. It's going to be hard for them to justify having much inventory in the shops. They could get stuck with inventory they then have to closeout at a loss.

#11 ·
If this trend continues, the retailers are going to get squeezed by the increasing frequency of new model introductions. It's going to be hard for them to justify having much inventory in the shops. They could get stuck with inventory they then have to closeout at a loss.
I think cabelas is closeing them out at 79 now. Perhaps that is already happening?

#15 ·
You don't fish with the tube. If you want it brown, why not buy some spray paint? Tubes from my rods get left in the vehicle when I hit the water and no one cares about the color.
Actually, I LOST the tube for my Echo. It was black and I walked right past it on the beach where I had rigged up earlier; if it had been red I bet I would have seen it before high tide arrived! Maybe fluorescent would be good.

#16 ·
About the red tube stuff. I never said that I was wiered and obsessive compulsive. Its not a good thing I know but sometimes the dumbest things just bug me. For example, I have to have all the dials on my climate control pointing to 12 o'clock when they are not in use. Geesh maybe I need to see the doc. Red tube or blue tube, yes it is a great rod, and if I can get over my intense anger towards cabelas I may buy one just for the hell of it because they are so cheap.

#17 ·
. . . sometimes the dumbest things just bug me. For example, I have to have all the dials on my climate control pointing to 12 o'clock when they are not in use. . . . if I can get over my intense anger towards cabelas . . .
When did you last take your meds?

Just kidding of course. My wife has situational OCD and among other compulsive actions, she washes her hands several dozen times a day ("Not that there's anything wrong with that dear. Please put the knife down slowly and back away!")

K

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.