Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loomis IMX 10 foot 7 weight, mint!

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Richard E 
#1 ·
This rod model is legendary. At 10', this 2 piece 7 weight is the perfect all-around anadromous fish rod. One of my fly fishing mentors used this model rod for everything from pinks to chum to steelhead, and I've seen him catch some NICE chinook on his. An electric car window broke his, and he was heartbroken. It was replaced with a GLX, which he like, but he still preferred the IMX. Though it is not stiff, the action is fast and this rod will really fire a long line. The 'extra' length allows great line control.

IMX blanks, just the blanks, sell for nearly $200. As noted in a catalog "G. Loomis IMX graphite rod blanks has the highest modulus and strain rate in the industry. Up to 50% more efficient and 40% lighter than a comparable graphite rod blank models."

They really are super light and very efficient compared to comparable models.

I have used this rod very little, and have my eye on something else, and it needs to be owned by someone who can put it to good use.

This factory rod, with factory rod sock and tube, can be yours for $200.

Prefer face to face . . . it's a long item to ship! :thumb: I'll post pics later.

Thanks!

See less See more
#5 ·
Richard, you knew I was looking at almost the same stick in December and never said a word, forced me to get the GLX! The IMX is as good as ANY rod made before or after: my custom IMX 4wt. can match any stick out there [probably not with me holding it!], I think even Loomis would agree that they had it dialed in, but the technology 'wars' wouldn't let them stand pat! PS: not trying to start/inflame or offend anyones idea of their 'dreamrod'; but I would trade you straight up for that other stick we talked about!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.