Loop reels

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Bagman, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

Ed. No offense to Mr. Archuleta. I have heard he's really good but I inquired about repairing a reel and he told me it was too old and he couldn't hope to find the parts. I sent it to Tom White after, with no hope of getting it repaired and it came back like new. Somehow the guy has a knack for getting parts no one else can. I have since sent him three others, all coming back in great shape. Hopefully he can be of help to you. The kicker was that he charged me only $25 including postage each time. Can't beat that.

2. 9iron

9iron Active Member

It does, as I've owned several of both and fished them a lot. The fact that Hardy is being vocal about bringing their reel manufacturing back to England speaks volumes as well.

3. Bagman

Bagman Active Member

Steve he said he has no parts for loop reels. Thinks for trying to help.

4. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

Well, it was worth a shot.

5. Bagman

Bagman Active Member

Well it looks like I started bad mouthing Loop too soon. When I got the email from Bill Archuleta telling me he did not have and could not get the parts to fix my reel I sent a copy if it to Loop USA. Along with a short note asking them if I was now the owner of a $500 paper weight. Loop USA just ask me if they could take the drag housing out of my Danielson made Loop and replace it with a new housing as well as a new spool. The Danielson made housing is smaller then what is being made now. This is the reason they were unable to get the parts to repair my reel. As the reel was useless like it was I told them to make the changes need to get the reel working again. I will end up with a two tone reel but I will also be able to use my 9-13 spools on my Loop/Danielson 8-12 reel.

Brady Burmeister likes this.
  6. speyfisher

speyfisher Active Member

Just one of the reasons I love my Bauer MacKenzie's. Local made, straight shot 16 miles down I-5! :)

Kcahill likes this.