Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Lost Fly Boxes At Lone Lake

551 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  flyfishing59 
#1 ·
Hello this is JC. I was fishing Lone Lake on ( Whidbey Island) This past Wednesday the 23rd of this month with a friend. The wind was so strong. That we called it a day by 12:00. While fighting our way back to the boat launch the wind was almost causing white caps. By the time we got to shore I had almost two inches of water in my one man fiberglass boat. I looked down in my boat, and both my fly box'es were floating. I beached my boat to the right of the boat launch, (If your looking out at the lake from the boat launch). About six yards, by the trees, and big rocks/boulders. I grab my fly boxes, and got out. I opened my fly boxes and the water pour out. So I set them opened on the rock in front of me. Then I wheeled my boat over to the boat launch. I backed my truck up, and we loaded up our gear, and both boats. And we left to catch the next ferry boat..."Leaving behind my "Fly Boxes". The next day I remember that I had gotten water in my boxes, so I checked my fly fishing vest. They were not in there, checked my truck, and boats. Not there. Then I remembered setting them on the Rock to air dry while I wheeled my boat to the boat launch. This was around 12 pm. So I left and caught the next ferry boat to Whidbey, then to Lone Lake. "The fly boxes were gone." I saw a elderly couple walking by with there dog. I asked the lady if they had walk there dog there the afternoon before (on Wednesday) she said yes. I asked her if she had seen two fly boxes on the rock there. She said yes. And that they left them there, thinking someone would come back for them. I told that I came back. And that someone had taken them already. "If you were fishing Lone lake on Wednesday the 23rd, or know someone who did. And found two fly boxes on a big rock. If you would like to get back to me. Please write me here. flyfishing59 ( JC ) description for the boxes: Solid Silver/ or light grey box. (about 6 to 7 inch box) With two sides for storage. My name is written on the front of it. Inside the left side of the box are streamer patterns, light olive, and olive combinations. Right side of box has Wooly buggers, bead heads, and some streamer, of all colors. The second box: Has a clear see through lid. (four inch box) With a few nymph patterns in it, and wet flies. Thank you for your help. JC-

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.