Lost my cool on a beach today

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Ed Call, May 30, 2009.

1. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Hey Ed, I think you should do that at Teal Lake...we need something done there. The last time we fished it I yelled at a guy on the pier and said hey "no bait". They continued anyway. Also, last nite my friend called and was discussing our trip and what a friend of his told him later at work (that was on the lake that day). He said that some guy in a YELLOW pontoon boat pulled up a "stringer" of about 7 rainbows!!! So keep your eye out for a yellow pontoon boat out there next time..... Regarding Les's words of wisdom might pay off. I did the same thing to a young lad on a beach last year. As I walked past him he had a 17" or better sea run lying on the beach dead. I said "ya know you can't keep any cutthroat?" I think he played dumb and said no. Later, after walking down the beach and returning near where he had been (he had left) I looked down to see he had left the cutthroat lying on the beach! I wonder if he still keeps cutts, I don't know, maybe, maybe not.:hmmm:

2. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Larry, I have been compelled to make a few calls to WDFW already this year at Teal. My last trip out I made the call after verifying bait was the mode of fishing. I pointed out the sign right between the two dudes on the dock. No reaction. I did not lose my cool here as they are planted stockers, not nearly the same as sea runs in my eyes. I did relieve myself in the port a john, surveyed the parking area, ruled out all the vehicles of gents I knew or had just met and the last remaining vehicle got its plate and description reported. I have often gotten calls back from the WDFW enforcement officers but this time no word from them. Some people just don't give a shit about our resources. I must admit that I'm leaning toward not giving a shit about those people.

3. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Ed, After reading all the posts . . . ya still done good! Lots of potential ways to handle that scenario can be conjured-up AFTER the fact. You saw, you took action, 'nuff said. Glad no bald guys were injured during the event, tho it wouldn't have hurt my feelings one iota had the butt-head developed beach rash (but, I'm an old Montana boy and grew-up on the rough side of a bunch of older cousins). Thanks for protecting the resource (and I haven't caught a Cuttie since '79).

4. rotato

rotato Active Member

saw a guy land a nice fish at a particular spit/ bridge
    he was using a buzz bomb with a treble hook
    pussed out and called the the wdfw 1800 477 6242
    did get a call back but it was too late
    he said they are going to step up patrols there
    now that the fish are comming

5. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Making that call is clearly NOT wussing out. Good call!

6. jcnewbie

jcnewbie Member

That wouldn't be the kid again, would it?

Jc

7. rotato

rotato Active Member

not the kid with the comatose dad
    i will talk to him next time

springers soon....