Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

lost ring on Yakima R.

2K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Alex MacDonald 
#1 ·
Thats right. I floated the Yakima (Ringer to Reds) on Friday and lost my wedding ring. What a Klutz. I stuck it in my shirt pocket because it rubs blisters on my finger if I wear it while rowing. I think it may have fallen out of my shirt pocket at the Reds boat ramp. I bent over to change into dry sandals before getting back in the truck and my cell phone fell out of my pocket. I think the ring may have gone with it but I didn't even think of it. Anyhow, if by chance anyone happens to come across it I would be greatful to have it returned. It may have fallen out somewhere else like over by where the boats are stored. As for the fishing ... it was so, so. Probably the slowest day I have had on the Yak this year but I did turn a few on dries and got a nice one on a big dry! The weather was fantastic (very little wind) and the river was in great shape as far as summer flows go. It's almost terrestrial time! I can't wait to get back.

Erik

#6 ·
Erik.
Did you call Gary or Steve and ask them to look for it?
It also maybe under the floor on your Clackacraft.
I know for a fact the guys will look for it for you.
If you want I can go over Monday and look for it for you.
I hope things work out let me know if I can do anything.
Bill.

#7 ·
Good suggestion Scottflycst. Bill, I did give the guys a call and Gary went down to the ramp and looked around but no luck ... thanks for trying Gary! Thanks for the offer to go over there and look. I really appreciate it but don't worry. We will be over there soon enough and the guys in the shop know who's it is if it shows up. It may be in the boat as you suggested or possibly near the boat as I was bending over to secure the straps on the cover etc. I will ask one of the guys to look over there tomorrow. I'm just glad it wasn't hers. Won't cost much to replace mine but hers would be a whole nother story.

#10 ·
A year after I got married to my bride from Spokane, I slipped on a rock fishing near the state line and came up light of my freakin wedding ring. Gone! She was nice enough to patronize me with the obligatory search a few hours after I realized where it must have escaped my grasp but there was no way we were ever going to find it in that cold ass clear water. I agree with Scottflycst. Get some backups!

#12 ·
Keep the faith! My wife lost her wedding ring while we were camping/fishing along the Beckler river last year. Left it in the tent pocket and we shook out the tent when packing up to leave.

We drove all the way home (Everett), and a few hours later she realized it was gone. She then drove all the way back to find it underneath the tent of another group that had just set up camp.

#22 ·
Update: My ring was found by a guest staying in one of the Reds Fly Shop wall tents. Thanks to Steve and Gary and the rest of the Reds gang for all their help! Erik
I've been following this thread to hear just that. Awesome dude!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.